Interceptor Drivetrain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interceptor Drivetrain

This came up in my MarkVIII head swap post but I just thought I'd see what you guys thought of this.
    I went and looked at the PI engine I had mentioned (120,000 kms) out of an Interceptor and the guy basically said I could have the wiring harness, PCM, trans and whole engine w/ intake for $700.
    This seems like a good deal to me, no?
    My question is though if I don't want the drive by wire how hard would it be to keep my PCM and TB and wiring but use the engine and trans from the Intereceptor?
    I know it would need a tune but I have an SCT flash tuner and a guy that could write me what I need.
    Or would I be better off just swapping it all over and living with the DBW?
    Oh, and by the way, the main reason I'm in the middle of all this is because currently I need an exhaust manifold gasket on the passenger side and the engine has to be lifted to do it.....So since that has to be done anyway I'm just trying to be as efficient about things as possible.
    Thanks!
    1997 MGM (bought for a song) MODS: New 70mm MAF, True Duals w/ GlassPacks, 70mm TB, Full custom CAI w/ Cone Filter, SCT tune, Marauder 21mm rear sway, Moog end links, 29mm CVPI front sway, Trak Loc posi w/ 3:55's.

On The List: JMod, PI Intake, Ported Plenum, TB spacer (maybe) Fatter Tires for summer, HD Cop Shocks, Rims, and hopefully new green skin.

the easiest way would be to swap everything that attaches to the upper intake over from yours (some fuel line may be needed to reach around since the 97 rail is fed from the driver rear of the motor instead of the passenger front IIRC) and then run with it. This would also eliminate the need to hack wires since you'll have everything that a wire connects to on your engine on the other one (cept the crank/cam sensors). I would also suggest leaving the coolant sensors alone on the crossover and splicing wire if needed for the harness if it's different. Basically dress the new (to you) engine with the dressings of yours and run it.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
    X