wheel spacer question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wheel spacer question.

I have a 98 mgm,Im going to putting some staggered rims on her in april 19x8 in the front and 19x9.5 in the rear. Here is my plan i have in mind,1.5 inch spacer in the front and 2 inch spacer in the rear i know im going with hubcentric but i wanna make sure i order the correct ones and are the ones on ebay REALLY geniune?? I need the dimensions and info for my make and model.

if you can, get rims that have the correct back-spacing already instead of using spacers. Much easier on the bearings and bushings as it won't change the angular forces.

for the specs check out this thread: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...85-Wheel-specs
    lots of info there.

The 98 has the same specs as the 91 except for the requirement for 16inch wheels due to the larger brakes for the front wheels at least. I think the rear axle still has a different spacing.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Thanks for the link,yea the rims i want have been pretty much discontinued and the only ones i can get are for the mustang..sucks i have to get spacers but have no choice.

Comment

ah... bugger.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
        X