1992 Lincoln Town Car Jack Nicklaus Siqnature Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1992 Lincoln Town Car Jack Nicklaus Siqnature Series

I found a 1992 Jack Nicklaus Signature Series Town Car for sale locally. It has 75k miles is white and has the gorgeous white leather with green carpeting and accents. The car is a one owner originally from new Mexico. It is flawless. No rust no scratches no dents anywhere. Interior like new. It looks, runs, and drives like new! I am in love! The interior is what really draws me to the car, well that and it's beautiful condition.

That being said the price is $5700.... It's at a dealer. I think that's a little high, but given the cars great condition I don't know what to think. Online price guides are all over the place with prices.

Plus I've only owned an 89 town car none of this newer body style.
    Is it worth it or should I save and go for a 2005-2010 town car?

That price is at least 2 grand high I'd say. I'd lowball them (compared to their price) and walk away if they won't go below 3500...maybe 4000 if you love it and it needs nothing mechanically.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

I've always liked that generation of Townie. The Jack N was a pretty popular model, but I'm used to seeing them with the forest green exterior. This is a case of what is it worth to you? To fix up/restore one you would be out way more than 5700 and to buy an 05-10 you would be looking at 10K+.

IMO if this is the generation you want and this car is truly in near mint shape, I wouldn't hesitate to fork over 4500-5000. If the dealer won't budge, roll the dice and check back in a month if he still has it. Chances are he will be more willing to deal then.

The only negative about the car itself is, the early 4.6s had a tendency to burn oil (valve stem seals I believe) as they got miled up.
      2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
      2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
      Past Panthers
      1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
      if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Yeah I feel the price is $1k high. If they came down to $4500 i would be more comfortable. I always see the green JN series but rarely see the white ones. And up here most of all of this generation TC are rusting somewhere. So to see one so clean is rare. Guess we'll see what they will accept for an offer.

Comment

Working...
        X