plenum/throttle body???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

plenum/throttle body???????

Looking to upgrade these 2 along with a pi intake swap,im going to be doing all 3 of these in one shot,does anyone have a part number to maybe Trick flow or bbk?? I know ADTR has them and are a direct bolt up,but are they similar in quality and improvement as the 2 mentioned above??

ADTR has the FRPP ones (unless otherwise stated) IIRC.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Does anyone one on the site use an Accufab that u know of?? they sell one for a 4.6 2v mustang,im sure it would fit my car as well.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

It will fit.
        I'd recommend a C&L plenum and your choice of throttle body.
        The FRPP intake manifold is the way to go.
        Don't forget intake gaskets!

-ryan s.
        08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
        97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
        94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
        73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
        12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
        Originally posted by pantera77
        Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

The PI intake from FRPP can be made to bolt up to a NPI engine, but it is not a simple bolt on swap. You'll need to replace the coolant tube that runs through the valley between the heads, which will also mean you'll be pulling the water pump in the process. The PI intake gaskets have different locating dowels than the NPI, so to use the appropriate PI gaskets, they'll have to be modified. Honestly, if you're not going to do a head swap to get the PI heads, I'm not sure that swapping a PI intake is really worth the effort involved. The change over from NPI to PI engines only netted something like 8-10 horsepower, but that includes the changes in the heads. You may gain 2-3 horsepower by swapping a PI intake, but at that point, any real performance improvement I suspect is only perceived rather than realized.

Not trying to poopoo your thread, but I thought you should know. I'm actually sending back the FRPP intake I bought because I realized when I removed my oldnbusted intake, I've got a NPI engine.

2000 Mercury Grand Marquis GS HPP - SOLD
          Wore out the cam chain tensioners and jumped time at 176k miles.

Comment

I have a couple acufab TBs that I have used on a 5.0 though. They are very good quality. Also used ProM MAFs. PI intakes for the most part up the rpm range about 1000 RPM. Used to port a lot of PI and NPI heads the NPI actually flow more ported. Had to design and have made my own valves as aftermarket ones dropped air flow. Had a special program to mate PI intakes to NPI heads. Also did a few of the FMS heads and intakes . Used to do about 5 to 10 Modular heads a month.
            Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Turbo, I'd like to know more about your custom valves and ported NPI intakes.

2000 Mercury Grand Marquis GS HPP - SOLD
              Wore out the cam chain tensioners and jumped time at 176k miles.

Comment

Gotcha,Well logical sense would tell me to wait then..i will continue on the Accufab path for the plenum/TB combo..Im learning more about my npi engine as i go,Trickflow heads sure sounds good in the future,or frrp pi heads..thanks for the knowledge.

Comment

Or a 78mm BBK throttle/plenum combo.

-ryan s.
                  08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                  03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                  97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                  94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                  73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                  12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                  Originally posted by pantera77
                  Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Yea,i looked at that on summit racing,its $200 cheaper than the accufab..but isnt 78mm just a lil too much..prolly bog the engine down.

Comment

Working...
                    X