What year is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What year is this?

I may go have a look at this tomorrow, I was looking for a 98-02, but these 95-97 townies are growing on me. Anyway, I like this one but I'm not too sure of the year from the pics. I see a trunk lock cover and I'm pretty sure 97's don't have that so I'm pretty sure it's a 95 or 96.

Click image for larger version

Name:	3I73M73H85I65F55Jad2sc1488adff6dd1457.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	1300413Click image for larger version

Name:	3m53J13H95H85Me5Jdd2s1dfc56c297e21716.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	1300414

It's got 145k, no vinyl top and it looks clean, but the only thing I don't like is that its only an executive, but I can live with that. Still has some options like the digi dash and steering wheel temp controls.

Also i'm probably wrong, but I think 95's have 2 reverse light bars like the 90-94 but I'm not sure.

Sorry the pics are kinda small, but you can click on them

Thanks!
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - Currently restoring after she caught fire! CFI to SEFI to Carb swap, all custom wiring, Duraspark 2 ignition, Motorcraft 2100 Carb, slicktop, Shorty headers dumped before rear axle, 140 Speedo, 3G alt, And currently building an engine for her.

2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series - 165XXX, PI intake swap , 30 MPG Easy on the Highway, All options except dual exhaust. Currently looking for 2 front seats: Heated, Memory, and Light Graphite color!!

Hard to tell about the year, but you're probably right about it being a 95 or 96. I think they started using those craptastic intake manifolds in 1996.

1989 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series | 249k miles, current project car
    2018 BMW 430i xDrive M-Sport | 50k miles
    2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport | 97k miles

Comment

I was always partial to the slicktop tc's of that era. I am no expert but I thought those flat rims were early 90's. ?
      03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
      02 SL500 Silver Arrow
      08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
      12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Originally posted by jaywish View Post
        I am no expert but I thought those flat rims were early 90's. ?
        Yes. I have a set on my MK VI.
        '79 Continental Town Car
        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Pretty sure its a 95. You were still able to get those wheels from the 90-94 models. You are correct its not a 97 because of the trunk lock cover
          2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
          2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
          Past Panthers
          1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
          if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

1995-1996. Can only tell from the trunk lock cover. Also, those wheels were available on '97s too.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

A pic of the engine will solve the 95-96 dilema.
              95s have the all aluminum craptastic intake manifolds.
              The 96s have the newer Zytel "plastic" intake manifolds. They're actually nylon, but, whatever.

-ryan s.
              08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
              97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
              94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
              73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
              12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
              Originally posted by pantera77
              Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Alright I'm looking at it now. It's a 95 and its actually a signature series. It's pretty clean, has 1 half inch rust bubble on rear passenger wheel well.

Only problem is it has a miss to it but I can see that the passenger coil connector is cracked and probable needs some lugs and wires.

Price is 1600 what do you guys think? Other than the miss I like it.
                1985 LTD Crown Victoria - Currently restoring after she caught fire! CFI to SEFI to Carb swap, all custom wiring, Duraspark 2 ignition, Motorcraft 2100 Carb, slicktop, Shorty headers dumped before rear axle, 140 Speedo, 3G alt, And currently building an engine for her.

2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series - 165XXX, PI intake swap , 30 MPG Easy on the Highway, All options except dual exhaust. Currently looking for 2 front seats: Heated, Memory, and Light Graphite color!!

Comment

What you need to ask this, since its a '95. Does it smoke out from the tail pipe? Let it idle for a while, shut it off and fire it back up again. If it smokes, I dont think its worth it. Just cause, its got rust and a miss and such.

Comment

92-95 were known for the bad valve seals. they WILL burn oil. Hold out for a 96/97 with the intake already replaced (you'll see a metal cross over behind the alternator)

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    Originally posted by gadget73
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Yeah I think I'll wait. I did notice a small hint of smoke after restarting it, and I really don't feel like doing rust repair on a car I just bought.

Thanks for the input I didn't know the earlier ones had bad valve seals.

Out of a 96 and 97 what are some differences other than the trunk lock?

Comment

You can pay to buy a car that doesn't have rust, or pay to repair rust on a car that has one. Guess which one is cheaper and simpler.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                        160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                        waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
                          92-95 were known for the bad valve seals. they WILL burn oil. Hold out for a 96/97 with the intake already replaced (you'll see a metal cross over behind the alternator)
                          Was/am lucky. My Dad's 93 GM (since totaled) and my current '95 haven't had "oil issues". Am aware of the problems, though....

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

All three years are pretty much the same body. "97 seem to be anodd year though. A '97 wont have the illuminated rear reflector panel and no wood strip on the steering wheel. There are some other little things also that I cant remember. But, I belive the '97 has the xenon headlight bulbs or something. And I agree, wait. Something will pop up. There are a few nice ones on autotrader and carsforsale.com. Im looking at a '97 cartier myself. Main requirement? It be rust free.

Comment

This was a signature but it had velour seats which I thought was kinda weird.

I've read that they cut some options out of the 97 but if its just a lock cover, reflector and steering wheel trim that doesn't sway me from them.

I'm with you, I just don't want it to have rust, and it needs to drive. I'm fine with it needing a little work though.

Comment

Working...
                              X