TV Cable tb Bushing Source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV Cable tb Bushing Source

Hi All, have been reading lots about tv cable adjust and replace, but can't seem to find a source for the bushing. Local Ford dealer doesn't have or can't order it. Does anyone have a source to order one?
    Thanks,

Forgot to mention bushing for a 1990 GM 5.0 FI
    Thanks,

Comment

I live in a tiny backwoods FL town, and our local tranny shop had a brass one on hand for $7 with the clip. Give a call to a local tranny shop or two, they probably have what you need and can use the business

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
      '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
      '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

The above, or ebay.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
        160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
        waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Tranny shop and Ebay

Originally posted by phayzer5 View Post
          I live in a tiny backwoods FL town, and our local tranny shop had a brass one on hand for $7 with the clip. Give a call to a local tranny shop or two, they probably have what you need and can use the business
          Thanks, I'll call around tranny shops, brass would be great in the SW heat.

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
            The above, or ebay.
            Ebay, great idea, I'll give that a try also.
            Thanks,

Comment

someone here recently posted a link on a set for less than $3 (though shipping put it to 9?)

I'll see if I can find that post.

found it:
              Originally posted by TheMightyQuinn View Post
              I figured I would try to Dremel a slot into it and see if I can't fashion a clip or pin for it, and then epoxy that.

And yes, I have a brass bushing on order for the TV grommet.
              This one: http://www.transmissionpartsusa.com/...-00t96117m.htm
              Last edited by sly; 03-12-2013, 10:37 PM.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
              X