Time to work on my vic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to work on my vic

Ok I finally got my Hanyes Manual in and I'm ready to do my brakes. I need to turn my rotors so I will pull them off and get them machined then Fresh pads. What Pads would you guys recomend? I will check and repack my wheel bearings and I may have questions later has I have never done this. It kind of says in the manual. I am going to change my diff. fluid this weekend too. I have trac lok so what brand and what weight of gear oil should I use. I also need to use friction modifer right cause of the trac lok? Then Later on I am going to get some HH springs (those are the ones that give you like a inch and a half more rake in the back right?) Then comes to the shocks. I don't need them but I would like to improve handling. What should I get, Bilstein HDs or Edlebrock IAS shocks. What is the best bang for the buck? Kind of alot of questions but any help would be great.
    Thanks
    Zack
    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

I have trac lok so what brand and what weight of gear oil should I use. I also need to use friction modifer right cause of the trac lok?
    Linky...

Then Later on I am going to get some HH springs
    Yes, HH springs are stiffer.
    -Michael

Comment

Ok so XL-3 for the Friction Modifier. So I add that to the gear oil. What brand is best that I can buy in town, NAPA advance Etc. 75-140 weight is what I need then right? Sorry I'm stupid but I don't want to screw up and have to buy a new rear end.

Comment

I thought the newer cars had permanantly lubed wheel bearing hubs that you could not re-pack? Double check that because I'm told that you can't re-use that nut if the hub is taken apart for any reason. The bearings and new nut come as a set or something.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Really? In the haynes manual it says they are to be repacked. Can anyone else shed some light on this for me?

Comment

Ok so I found out I don't need to worry about the repacking of the bearings. So I have trac loc so I need to get the friction modifier and some 90-145 weight oil right? Just making sure.

Comment

He is right.

They are "lubed for life".

XL-3 should be less than $5 at a dealership.

Add the FM first, then fill up with gear oil.

Synthetic 75W-140, will work fine.

Amsoil, Royal Purple and Redline have great gear oils.

I know Royal Purple includes FM, so no extra should be added.

Redline synthetic does not have FM, so XL-3 will need to be added.
              -Michael

Comment

crown vics of the 4.6 variety have sealed non servicable bearings. you dont have to do anything to them, even just doing the brakes, they do not need to come out.

Comment

Working...
                X