92 GM air suspension problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

92 GM air suspension problem

I have rear air suspension, and for the past month my air susp. light has been coming on roughly every 20-40km. when i stop the car, and keep it running, i notice outside that the left side is leaking. meanwhile, i had a mechanic check the hoses and air boots, and he said no leaks. what would the problem be? a vent soleniod? not exactly sure what that is .? pls help
    thanks

:banana:

Hi cfh004

How did you notice it is leaking? is it lower than the right side? Can you hear air leaking?

Check out this link http://www.lincolnsonline.com/article61.html for some air suspension help, it's for a Town Car but I am sure they are the same.

If you can hear hissing at the rear when the compressor is running it is probably a leaking air line, a common problem on the Town Car is the air line rubs through on the frame just where it goes up over the axle.

Regards

Dereck
    President and founder of The Turbine Wheel Appreciation Society and Little Debbie Cake Connoissuer

Also "The Pondside Pain In Your Posterior"

Comment

okay, yepp.
      well i got a certified mechanic to check the motor and air lines and air shocks and he said there is no leak present. but what im thinking is something is wrong with the motor and it runs too much air into air shocks and air leaks out from 1 or both shocks...im wondering if my air sensor in the back is fukt up? the metal seals on the plastic/rubber boot of the sensor look like they r shot..im wonering if i can spray some sorta lube in there?
      -thanks for the help

Comment

It doesnt appear to have a leak, but about 3times a week maybe, i will find my car's rearend right to the ground... ? thanks

Comment

Hi cfh004

Are both sides slammed or just one?

Regards

Dereck
          President and founder of The Turbine Wheel Appreciation Society and Little Debbie Cake Connoissuer

Comment

umm, about 2-3times a week maybe the rear suspension will be RIGHT down, slammed or whatever.for both sides practically.
            -thanks

:animalmother:

Comment

Hi cfh004

Have you tried switching the system off in the trunk?

For both sides to be down, the spring solenoids and vent solenoid have to open, if you have no leaks then it is time to suspect a module/hieght sensor fault, or maybe an intermittant short in the harness.

I have a couple of old hieght sensors, I am going to experiment on to try and find a laymans test for a bad one but it is gonna take me a couple of weeks., if you can wait that long I maybe able to tell you how to test the hieght sensor.

Regards

Dereck

Comment

Okay, thanks Derek !!

yeah, switch, tried that..umm, i've been under the car and know where the sensor+boots and all that stuff is. but i dont know what you mean by vent soleniod stuff..maybe if i could check that somehow?

..yeah, i dont know what the problem is.might haveto take it too the for dealership soon. keep me upto date with that sensor height stuff.
                thanks alot!

Comment

Working...
                X