Image of Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Image of Engine

This is currently in a 96 TBird and I can get it for a steal and am thinking of dropping it in the 97 MGM. (97,000 mi vs. 260,000)
    Anyone know of any issues? AND...Looking at some Mustang set ups this engine looks a lot like the 95 Cobras I've seen and way less like the stocker 4.6 in my Marquis.
    Thoughts?
    Attached Files
    1997 MGM (bought for a song) MODS: New 70mm MAF, True Duals w/ GlassPacks, 70mm TB, Full custom CAI w/ Cone Filter, SCT tune, Marauder 21mm rear sway, Moog end links, 29mm CVPI front sway, Trak Loc posi w/ 3:55's.

On The List: JMod, PI Intake, Ported Plenum, TB spacer (maybe) Fatter Tires for summer, HD Cop Shocks, Rims, and hopefully new green skin.

For the mileage? Maybe.

Everything else?

No.
    But it doesn't have PI heads.
    It doesn't have the PI intake. Infact, it still has the crappy one with the plastic crossover tube thats prone to breaking.

And 94-95 Cobras have the 5.0L SOHV pushrod motor, no modular madness. 96+ Cobras have the 4.6L DOHC motor.

-ryan s.
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Originally posted by pantera77
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Ah ha.. Thanks....I wasn't sure...I would have to switch over my mods to it I guess....Maybe just because it's a lower milage engine.
      1997 MGM (bought for a song) MODS: New 70mm MAF, True Duals w/ GlassPacks, 70mm TB, Full custom CAI w/ Cone Filter, SCT tune, Marauder 21mm rear sway, Moog end links, 29mm CVPI front sway, Trak Loc posi w/ 3:55's.

On The List: JMod, PI Intake, Ported Plenum, TB spacer (maybe) Fatter Tires for summer, HD Cop Shocks, Rims, and hopefully new green skin.

Comment

Yeah. The only good things are that a 91-98 NPI engine with PI heads on it will see a slight boost in compression to 10.5:1, and the lower miles.
        Everything else on that T-bird engine would have to go, because it sucks.
        Your stock air intake would bolt up. You can reuse the upper plenum from your GM.

-ryan s.
        08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
        97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
        94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
        73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
        12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
        Originally posted by pantera77
        Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Working...
        X