95 Grand Marquis Performance Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

95 Grand Marquis Performance Upgrade

I have a 95 Merc GM LS with 4.6L. I'm wondering what options there are to boost performance. I notice when it's cold she seems to run better. (More get-up-and-go) I think this is due to the fact that the cold are is more dense and gives the engine a better mixture. It has almost 62,000 on it and i'm wondering if a turbo is an option. I've thought about putting a K&N filter on it. What about chip upgrades? My tranny i think could use to do a little better on shifting. Is there a way to control that electronically?
    I'm knew to this and would like to supe-up my Marquis.
    Thanks,
    ...Derek

I know you could put a set of better rear gears in, a better exhaust, and a chip...

Also, perform the J-Mod to the trans, replacing the 1-2 and 2-3 accumulators and a full Fluid flush with Mercon 5.

Welcome to GMN!
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I think this is due to the fact...
      Yup.

i'm wondering if a turbo is an option.
      It would take a great deal of work and money, but anything is possible.

I've thought about putting a K&N filter on it.
      Linky...

What about chip upgrades?
      Linky...

Is there a way to control that electronically?
      A chip/tuner will be able to adjust shift points and increase firmness a little.

The J-Mod is the mod for the transmission.

and

-Michael

Comment

I would not reccomend a Turbo. Roots style or Centrifugal type blower.[/url]
        2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

You could get the AED blower, since they are being made again
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

they are making AED unit again? YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stay away from the K&N, go for a marauder air box-maf and the zip tube. KN is garbage on our cars, no gain, and will soak your MAF, unless you wash it out and use 1/10th the oil that they seem to claim you need. Those are as good as putting a sock over your maf sensor.

Comment

Re: 95 Grand Marquis Performance Upgrade

Originally posted by derek
              I have a 95 Merc GM LS with 4.6L. It has almost 62,000 on it
              You have a '95 with "almost" 62K on it? I wish mine had only that much mileage...that just means that as long as the motor is solid, you can do a lot more mods than I would be able to do.
              Best of luck to you. I recommend doing the suspension/brakes first. No sense dumping a bunch in the motor if it doesn't stop...or handle.

Good Luck and
              Good Day
              1993 GM LS 244K
              29.5mm PI front bar, ENS greaseable bushings, 21mm rear bar, ENS bushings, endlinks. Black steelies, center caps. Stewart-Warner mechanical oil pressure guage. K&N filter

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII 144K
              All airbags are now coils/struts. Junk tranny, motor donor car

Mercury Owners Group

If you don\'t like what I have to type, don\'t read it. It is only my opinion, nothing more.

Comment

Working...
              X