'86 tc trans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'86 tc trans

I found a cheap supposedly good aod. The only odd ball one is from the mk vii right? It will fit my cvcs won't it?

Thanks

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

all Lincoln AODs are longer than Ford/Mercury AODs. Only way to make it work is by shortening the driveshaft, totally tearing down the trans to replace the output shaft with the shorter one and using the shorter tailshaft housing from a Ford trans, or finding a 2 door Lincoln Mark VI driveshaft which is already the right length.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
      all Lincoln AODs are longer than Ford/Mercury AODs. Only way to make it work is by shortening the driveshaft, totally tearing down the trans to replace the output shaft with the shorter one and using the shorter tailshaft housing from a Ford trans, or finding a 2 door Lincoln Mark VI driveshaft which is already the right length.
      I was askeered of that......

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Now the guy doesn't know what it came from. Just that the intake was turned the wrong way when he put it in the mustang.
        Does the tag indicate what it was originally installed in?
        I suppose measuring the tail housing is the best way to confirm?

Comment

measure the length and that should tell you. The Towncar unit is about an inch and a half longer than the Ford unit.
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Wasn't able to get there Sat, going to look @ it next Sat. Is there any indication of what it is on the tag?.
            I measured my tail shaft to be 10.5", he measured his to be 11". Keep in mind that he is putting a Poncho 350 & 200r4 in his fox Mustang...

Comment

boring. Why do people do that crap? Put a Cheesler smallblock in there just to be different. No real reason to put a Chevy motor in a Mustang. They might be a little cheaper to build, but by the time you go through all the nonsense to fit it in there you've saved nothing.

Comment

Went to look @ it today, overall length is 32.25", tail housing is 11.25".....
                Mine is 31.5", tail is 10.5"... Is 3/4" too much of a diff?.

Years ago I tried to put an LSC trans in a Vic wagon & the shaft would not fit....

Is it possible that there is another length AOD out there?

Dave said be had it in his 5.0 Stang & it was working...

WTF?

Comment

Working...
                X