Premium sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Premium sound

Okay, I know that I need some type of converter or some crap to install my deck with the factory amp or put an aftermarket amp in. I looked on crutchfield and found the PAC OEM2 to do it. but $30 or so is too much for me to spend on that. I dont really want to rewire the whole thing. I have no idea how 87cv50 installed the aftermarket deck thats in the car now, but I DO know that the door speakers arent hooked up right cause they dont work. Also the dash speakers are louder than the rear speakers. Anyway, Im not about to rewire the whole thing and I want to retain the factory amp, even if it isnt that good. I have Pioneer 4 ways Im putting in the back and Infinity Kappas Im putting in the doors and there are already pioneers in the dash. Should I just go ahead and get the Pac OEM 2? or what else can I do? Also, what is the factory amp hooked up to and where is it?
    :chainsaw:

walmart has an adapter for like 10bux. if i can find the model # i'll let you know. the factory amp is behind the rear seat, you can see it if you open the trunk. and my factory amp right now is feeding my pioneer 6 1/2's and my kicker 6x9's plus my sub iis wired thru one of the kickers. not the best way about it, but doesn't too bad either
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Well when u have to use what is avalible...i used to install custom stereos for a living.

My Standard Cab Ranger has
      Pioneer CD Reciver
      Jensen 2x45 briged to a single Sony 10 Sub in a wedge Box
      4 JL Audio 5x7's in the doors and rear panels

LOUD AS ALL HELL!
      Especially when you spin Shinedown!
      2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

I just ran new wiring. The CD player I got from Tom didn't have a plug on the end, so an adapter would not work for me. Do whatever you think is best, and easiest.
        Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
        Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Yeha when I did my pioneer, I ran all new wiring, even for teh speakers...
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I'm kinda in the middle of the same thing. I'll have no problems running new speaker wire, but do I need new power, ground, remote, constant etc?

Comment

run all new wiring.....it will sound much better

heres what i did twice
              3 sets of rca's to the trunk
              speaker wire from the 4 channel amp in the trunk to the rear deck speakers, and to the doors and the dash
              power wire from the battery to the trunk
              remote wire from the head unit to the amps
              it will sound much cleaner with amps and crossovers........trust me
              scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Found out the adapter is already there. I was just confusing myself for no reason. I think I'm going to rewire the whole system though. And add an aftermarket amp for the speakers. Dunno when I'm gonna have time though. Next weekend maybe.

Comment

your door speakers prolly don't work because of corrosion on the speaker contacts. I cleaned mine up and they work , except for sounding shitty cause they're 22yrs old. I too am keeping the factory amp. and head unit, I'll just add a cd changer in the trunk.
                  Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

dont forget subwoofers hehe

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

They dont work cause I found out theyre not hooked up. Im adding an aftermarket amp now in place of the stock peice. and rewiring the whole thing.

Comment

Working...
                      X