1997 Fuel Pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1997 Fuel Pump

Hi all..I did a search but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.
    I need to replace the pump and am wondering if the tank has to be removed...I have a Haynes manual and it says so for 1996 and up. But looking under the car it seems to me like all the bolts would be accessible without dropping the tank.
    Looking for any advice, thoughts, hints, or nightmare stories before I start ripping shit apart.
    Thanks.
    1997 MGM (bought for a song) MODS: New 70mm MAF, True Duals w/ GlassPacks, 70mm TB, Full custom CAI w/ Cone Filter, SCT tune, Marauder 21mm rear sway, Moog end links, 29mm CVPI front sway, Trak Loc posi w/ 3:55's.

On The List: JMod, PI Intake, Ported Plenum, TB spacer (maybe) Fatter Tires for summer, HD Cop Shocks, Rims, and hopefully new green skin.

I never dropped the tank. I don't recall when the sending unit went from a lock ring to 6 or 8 bolts holding it in.
    If yours has the ring, becareful while seating and unseating it. You don't want to break any of the tabs.

-ryan s.
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Originally posted by pantera77
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Thanks ...Mine has the bolts.
      I may tackle it today. It looks accessible w/out dropping the tank though there is not much room where the exhaust runs past and that unit is pretty F'ing big from what I can tell.
      1997 MGM (bought for a song) MODS: New 70mm MAF, True Duals w/ GlassPacks, 70mm TB, Full custom CAI w/ Cone Filter, SCT tune, Marauder 21mm rear sway, Moog end links, 29mm CVPI front sway, Trak Loc posi w/ 3:55's.

On The List: JMod, PI Intake, Ported Plenum, TB spacer (maybe) Fatter Tires for summer, HD Cop Shocks, Rims, and hopefully new green skin.

Comment

Working...
      X