98 Sonoma 2wd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

98 Sonoma 2wd

Well i bought another truck since i couldnt pass it up with the price of $200. Its a 98 sonoma 2wd, 125k on it, 2.2 like the 96 and its a 5 speed. Its dented, scratched up and needs work but it was cheap and i wanted a stick.
    Attached Files
    2018 F150 XLT 43k
    1970 Buick GS 455 Stage 1 44k
    1968 Buick Riviera

It is road-worthy?
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

yea its just in need of a few parts to be ready for the road.
      2018 F150 XLT 43k
      1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

Well, someone wanted that truck to survive if they sold it to you for a mere $200 versus full scrap price!
        Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Nah he wanted it gone so it was either scrap it or sell it and i was willing to take it right away.
          2018 F150 XLT 43k
          1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

Nice!! Cant beat a $200 beater! I had a 2000 S-10 that I had to get rid of a few years back because I was moving and had to many cars at the time. I miss that little truck. Good luck with her!
            1986 Grand Marquis - Current project
            1988 Lincoln Town Car - RIP

"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me, Superman!" - Homer Simpson

Comment

I just put a B&M automatic shifter in my 96. I like it because its a rachet shifter. I have a list of parts i need for this truck. Ill be dropping a 350 in the 96 when i drive this 98.
              2018 F150 XLT 43k
              1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

Replaced the plugs and wires a few minutes ago. 1 was an Ac Delco plug and the other 3 were Autolite's. 2 of the 4 wires had boots the other 2 were taped around the part that fits the plug tip and i bet the wires were replaced 1 time from the original's. Starts right up now no problem. Im hoping it stays as quiet as it is right now but i think im starting to hear it get like the motor in the 96 with the valve's ticking if im saying that right. Runs great now with the new plugs and wires.
                2018 F150 XLT 43k
                1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

May just require an oil change with good, proper weight oil and filter. Worth a shot!!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by mikeroc283 View Post
                    I just put a B&M automatic shifter in my 96. I like it because its a rachet shifter. I have a list of parts i need for this truck. Ill be dropping a 350 in the 96 when i drive this 98.
                    I loved my '92 S-10; I just wish it was in better shape. I would have stuffed an LSx/6-speed in there if I kept it.

Packman

Comment

My 96 is getting either a 350 or LSwhatevericanafford swap when i get some money. So this gets to take over when i get it all ready to go.
                      2018 F150 XLT 43k
                      1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

Originally posted by mikeroc283 View Post
                        My 96 is getting either a 350 or LSwhatevericanafford swap when i get some money. So this gets to take over when i get it all ready to go.

6.0 Vortec.
                        sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Took the crappy little handle thing that was in the truck out and put a stock shifter in today. Works alot easier and looks better than it did.
                          2018 F150 XLT 43k
                          1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

Not sure that I've ever heard a 2.2 that wasn't a little chattery. It probably is picky about oil weight too. I know my 4.3 ticks with 10w30 in it, but shuts up with 5w30.
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

My 96 cant take 5w30. If i put it in it it has absolutely no oil pressure, I can only run 20W50 and a thing of STP oil treatment and get a max of 8 at idle if that and over 20 driving. This one i hope is fine with 5w30 and not anything else since it keeps good pressure over 40 at idle and driving when at normal temp.
                              2018 F150 XLT 43k
                              1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

Working...
                              X