Question regarding turning a 92 Mercury Grand Marquis into a 5 speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question regarding turning a 92 Mercury Grand Marquis into a 5 speed

Hello this is my first time here. I came here because I feel this is the only place to have my question answered and in detail. I have been searching the internet like mad man to find this out for my friend. He wants to have a 5 speed in his grand marquis the work we can perform we just need a little more insight on parts. If at all possible can someone please give us some kind of ideas for what parts we are going to need for his 92 grand marquis.
    Thank you for your time and have a good day.

whats the exact production date? I ask because the original trans will be either an AOD or an AODE, and the engine is actually different depending which trans it takes. I believe the cutoff for the AOD is 3/92, but a look at the throttle body is more telling. If its got 3 cables, its an AOD. If it has 2, its got the AODE. The AODE engine uses the 4.6 modular motor bellhouse, the AOD engine uses the 5.0 smallblock Ford pattern. You'll need to know that when you start buying parts so you get the correct bellhouse for your engine.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

just checked its an AOD so what transmission should he buy, driveshaft etc?

Comment

Since it's an AOD, you should be able to follow MOST of the parts lists for Box Panthers.

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...anther-T5-Swap

-ryan s.
        08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
        97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
        94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
        73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
        12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
        Originally posted by pantera77
        Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

ok thank u both of u for your help! will report back with findings for others to use. So I should get parts for a Third generation (1979–1993) mustang?
          Last edited by ghettorapboy7; 04-18-2013, 08:32 AM.

Comment

wait nevermind I saw he used a 1987 mustang thanks

Comment

Working...
            X