'84 Ltd radio wiring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'84 Ltd radio wiring?

Ok so I'm working on my 84 Ltd because the radio doesn't have power to the right side of the car and the speakers are crap anyways.

This is a perfect time to just add a new head unit and some new speakers.

I can't find a factory radio adapter in any of my local stores and don't feel like waiting for 2 weeks for one to come in the mail.

What's the Oem radio wiring so I can just splice in my new radio quickly.

I've read on here that the best thing to do since the factory used a common ground is to just run all new wiring. Which I was planning on doing anyways so that's fine.

Run all new speaker wires, then take a multimeter and probe the harness to find the switched 12 volt and (if there is one) a constant 12v. They do make common ground adapters but running wires in a box Panther isn't that bad and will produce much​ better results.
    2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
    2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
    Past Panthers
    1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
    if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Thanks, it was really easy to run the wires. Tons of room under the dash and the side pieces were all just regular screws lol. Now I just have to hook up the speakers woo

Comment

Working...
      X