My brand new Buick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My brand new Buick

Well, I've caved in an finally got a new car! Well sort of... It's a brand new, That's right BRAND NEW 1998 Buick LeSabre Limited with (I think) every single option available. I consider it new, you'll see why. More pictures and details to follow soon! I'm just not sure what to do with the Marquis as registration lapses soon and I don't really have use or space for two cars. So that's gotten me a bit down, but the Buick is mint.

sigpic

I have a 98 Century. Can't really see the appeal of them to be honest.
    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

They're comfortable and reliable. Thats really the big appeal. What motor, 3800 or 3.1 ?
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
        They're comfortable and reliable. Thats really the big appeal. What motor, 3800 or 3.1 ?
        Amen! The car is the 3800. Honestly my favorite non Ford related motor ever made

sigpic

Comment

Anyway here's why I say it's brand new. As you can tell from the picture's I'm almost positive this is the cleanest '98 LeSabre on the face of the planet. The previous owner was a 92 year old woman who went into assisted living. The back seat was never sat in, still had the original plastic bags on the floor mats. 110% Rust free and immaculate. Garage kept. And best of all look at the odometer.
          Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

buddy of mine had the 3800 (iirc) in his 01 Caravan. thing ran forever and he wasnt gentle haha

props for that LOW mileage find dude!
            Last edited by marquis_82_withneons; 05-12-2013, 03:06 PM.
            Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
            Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
            Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

Originally posted by marquis_82_withneons View Post

Thanks man! Not too bad for craigslist! Haha I always want to laugh when I click on ads that say low mileage and the cars have 80,000 miles on them.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by marquis_82_withneons View Post
                buddy of mine had the 3800 (iirc) in his 01 Caravan. thing ran forever and he wasnt gentle haha

Chryslers 3.8 V6 is a turd compared to the General's 3.8 (3800). Caravans, aren't GM!

Nice score on the LeSabre. Looks awesome, I always liked that style!
                2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                Past Panthers
                1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Originally posted by tjc78 View Post
                  Chryslers 3.8 V6 is a turd compared to the General's 3.8 (3800). Caravans, aren't GM!

Chrysler anything besides a slant 6 is a turd!

Nice Buick! Very clean!
                  1985 LTD Crown Victoria - Currently restoring after she caught fire! CFI to SEFI to Carb swap, all custom wiring, Duraspark 2 ignition, Motorcraft 2100 Carb, slicktop, Shorty headers dumped before rear axle, 140 Speedo, 3G alt, And currently building an engine for her.

2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series - 165XXX, PI intake swap , 30 MPG Easy on the Highway, All options except dual exhaust. Currently looking for 2 front seats: Heated, Memory, and Light Graphite color!!

Comment

That ones a shit dick nicer then mine! Does it really only have 9k on it?
                    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                      I have never seen one with rocker panels. Never in my life. I'm pretty sure GM actually cut the rockers out somewhere in the factory and then painted the air.

Comment

Originally posted by tjc78 View Post

lol shows how much i know about anything other than Ford. HEY at least i was right about the size. lololol
                        Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
                        Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
                        Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                          That ones a shit dick nicer then mine! Does it really only have 9k on it?
                          lol thanks man!!! Yep, it's a 100% legit 9,000 miles! I ran an autocheck/carfax checks and it came back true. Showed 2,400 miles in 2000 and 3,600 miles in 2001. She was the original owner and bought the car at our local Buick dealership that happens to still be in business. Not that I doubted the elderly woman's niece, I'll post more pictures soon.

sigpic

Comment

Do all the power options work?
                            '79 Continental Town Car
                            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
                              Do all the power options work?
                              Yep, absolutely everything works. Although I haven't tried the cassette player, I doubt it's ever been used but I highly doubt it's broken.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X