'90 town car...HEADERS!!!????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'90 town car...HEADERS!!!????

I'm looking at getting some headers for my 90 town car, only problem is, idk what will and what won't fit. I have a local here selling a pair of hedman headers part number 88300 for a decent price. Does anybody know if these will fit? What about other brands? Flowmaster, hooker.... thanks for the help.
    sigpic303 MILE HIGH 303

no will not fit

only headers that are going to fit are unequal length shorty headers for a 86-93 mustang

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Ok there is also a set of jba Shortys from a 90 mustang, will it require any modifications to fit? Thank u
      sigpic303 MILE HIGH 303

Comment

FYI: when you take the 90 logs off... sell them, someone here will probably buy them.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I'll keep that in mind, thanks slymer. What is the going rate for a set of logs?
          sigpic303 MILE HIGH 303

Comment

that, I dunno.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

i'm leary about buying used headers, there is usualy a reason someone is selling them in the first place

and you should be able to get 30-40 bucks for those lincoln logs

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

Comment

Ya that's a good point. I didn't think of it that way. I suppose my best bet is to save a bit longer and buy new. Are there any headers u would recommend over others?
                sigpic303 MILE HIGH 303

Comment

Never had any trouble with BBK

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                  Big plans

Comment

Ok did u have any clearance issues at all
                    sigpic303 MILE HIGH 303

Comment

none at all, you will need to also use a 86-93 mustang catted or non catted (dont know what your local laws are) H pipe, and a pr of o2 sensors from a 90 lincoln mk7 (you want longest harness o2's you can get)
                      behind the mustang h pipe there are a few options you can use for exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
                        i'm leary about buying used headers, there is usualy a reason someone is selling them in the first place

and you should be able to get 30-40 bucks for those lincoln logs
                        +1 for "Lincoln Logs" hahah made me smile
                        Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
                        Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
                        Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

A lot of people have had good luck with BBK, I've had 4 sets of the same headers....I had bad welds break, leaking around the welds, rusting ceramic coatings. I personally cannot recommend them, but i really had no choice.
                          -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Brown_muscle have had better luck with any others? Thanks lincolnmania that helps a lot! I'll keep every posted as soon as I can get some parts.
                            sigpic303 MILE HIGH 303

Comment

not really, but only because I have a 351, And BBK is the only company to offer 351 swap mustang headers, I would have definitely gone with a different brand if I could have
                              -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Working...
                              X