What Brakes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Brakes?

Ok I'm going to do my brakes. What pads should I use? I was looking at Bendix Brake Pads Fleet MetLok semi metallic. Are these pretty good. Also I'm just going to replace my Rotors so what should I get. I need a good set for a reasonable price. If there is a good set that is kind of pricey that you guys suggest but I can get them but I will wait till christmas and ask for those. I'm just on a part time pay so I need good stuff that is easy on the wallet.
    Thanks
    Zack
    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Bendix are good, as are Wagner ThermoQuiet or Raybestos...
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Get the best brake parts possible. Any ceramic brake pads available?

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
      Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
      5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by N A
        If you want to get the best possible then get Hawk pads. hawk > everything else. And yes Hawk does make pads for the Panthers they make pads for all the brake calipers except the drum brakes.
        http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
        http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Originally posted by DuceAnAHalf
          Originally posted by N A
          If you want to get the best possible then get Hawk pads. hawk > everything else. And yes Hawk does make pads for the Panthers they make pads for all the brake calipers except the drum brakes.
          I'm glad you raised the Hawk option...I was wondering if anyone had thoughts about them on the Panther. That is all I run on the Miata and was looking into them for further down the road on the LSE.

Comment

I prefer Ford Police Pkg pads from the Ford garage, the shitty part is ...there is no lifetime replacement on those pads, So I have been buying perf friction carbon metallics, they are made by same people as the 95-97 crown police pads. IIRC it is wolverine.

Comment

I run Performance Friction pads. They haul my big sled down in a jiffy. I have had good luck with them. For rotors I buy these cheap($20) canadian rotors. I have only had to replace them twice in 100K miles. They never warped, and for me they work well. I'm sure your setup/driving style/wallet may differ from mine, and that my setup may not necessarily work for everyone.

Good Luck and
              Good Day
              1993 GM LS 244K
              29.5mm PI front bar, ENS greaseable bushings, 21mm rear bar, ENS bushings, endlinks. Black steelies, center caps. Stewart-Warner mechanical oil pressure guage. K&N filter

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII 144K
              All airbags are now coils/struts. Junk tranny, motor donor car

Mercury Owners Group

If you don\'t like what I have to type, don\'t read it. It is only my opinion, nothing more.

Comment

I buy bendix, or american made steel rotors only. The Jap steel ones warp too easy, Mine last like 100,000 miles.

Comment

Johnny you remember how much the rotors cost? Rough estimate? The local O'reillys turns rotors for $9 a pop. I don't know if the breaks were ever done on my vic and I don't know if they did if they turned the rotors or not. If I do the breaks I only want my car down for like a day or two. My beater is a 76 Chevy pickup and it sux the gas.
                  2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

I heard Hawk is good, and there is no asbestos in 'em

I heard HAWK, DBA ad EBC are good!
                    "To Find yourself, you must first lose yourself"

-1973 Volkswagen Bus Westy
                    -1986 Honda Magna 700cc
                    -1989 Lincoln Town car Signature Series
                    -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

Holy smokes! An almost 10 year old thread?????

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

wow, my first thought was "a post from zwack? Damn its been a while", then I saw the post date.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                        X