brights on, brights off! 90 TC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brights on, brights off! 90 TC

I'm having an issue with my headlights. When I'm driving at night with the lights on, my brights seem to have a mind of their own. They turn on for a minute then back off. Over and over. Also, my interior lights won't turn off. I have to pull the fuse so my battery doesn't drain. Any ideas????
    sigpic303 MILE HIGH 303

If you have automatic headlight dimmer, at the light switch, there are the two round discs behind the pull switch. Are they in adjustment ? Door switch bad or stuck closed causing the interior lights to stay on. I would check that first

Comment

Is there an easy way to tell if they are in alignment? I just recently pulled the dash panel apart to do paint and other small BS. So I'm assuming that is the issue cuz it didn't do it before.
      sigpic303 MILE HIGH 303

Comment

Mine did that too, and I also have the auto dimming headlights.

Mine was due to a faulty sensor under the rearview mirror and I changed it to traditional manual control by connecting the two outer wires that plug into the sensor.

Comment

Basically what ur saying is that I can disengage the auto dim shit all together if I simply splice the two wires together that go into the sensor under the rear view mirror?
          sigpic303 MILE HIGH 303

Comment

The 90+ with Auto Dim is a slider above the headlight switch. Before rigging anything just try turning it off first.
            2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
            2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
            Past Panthers
            1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
            if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Originally posted by lockmb View Post
              Basically what ur saying is that I can disengage the auto dim shit all together if I simply splice the two wires together that go into the sensor under the rear view mirror?
              On an '80-89, the two wires on the outside of the connector (there are 4 wires total) Yes.

Your '90 is probably similar.

Comment

Its been off. I've tried turning it on then back off. I've pulled the fuse for the headlights. Nothing has worked at this point. I'm gonna try splicing those wires for at least a temporary fix.
                sigpic303 MILE HIGH 303

Comment

Working...
                X