Greetings! Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings! Help!

Need rear seat belts for a GM Tudor. PO tossed them??? Will not drive with anyone in the rear until belts go in.
    Interior is sand color.........but will use any I can find.
    Thanks in advance!

Yes!!!!!!!!

So I found a complete set of seat belts for the rear of my '86 Tudor GM.........out of a '89 GM.

Can anyone post a picture of the rear seat without the cushion........showing how I attach the seat belts.

Many thanks in advance!

Comment

they just bolt down. pop up the seat and it's some big ass bolts. T45 or T50. Take them out and install the new stuff. the way the old stuff was in there.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

There are issues with attachement...........that is why I seek some pictures with the seat cushion removed

Comment

Here's a couple shots from my 88. My retractable belt on the driver side is sunk in (the opening on the housing for the belt is broken).
          Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2610.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	183.8 KB
ID:	1272471Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2611.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	185.7 KB
ID:	1272472

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Thanks for the pictures.............since I have never, nor do I intend to ever have three people up front or in the rear, I am not going to install the third person seat belt.

Comment

Thanks to all here............installed the belts with no problem.............came out of a wreck in Arizona.........even the identical belt color!
              Did not have a Torx tool.............but I did have Big Bertha.........my big arz screwdriver.........worked like a charm!
              Now I have no fear of rear seat passengers

Comment

No, you must still fear the rear seat passengers, they are behind you, you can't see them, you don't know what they're doing back there, they might have piano wire, or even an ice pick... stay on your toes.

Comment

Originally posted by Toploader View Post
                  Thanks to all here............installed the belts with no problem.............came out of a wreck in Arizona.........even the identical belt color!
                  Did not have a Torx tool.............but I did have Big Bertha.........my big arz screwdriver.........worked like a charm!
                  Now I have no fear of rear seat passengers
                  That wouldn't work around here with the way things rust. The big ol Torx bit, breaker bar, some pb blaster/wd40/break away/what ever you choose, maybe a big pipe for leverage, and when all else fails put some heat on it... lol... screw driver, I wish things were that easy to work on around here.
                  Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                  ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                  ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                  ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

good oil leaks and southern living keep mine rust free.

Comment

Vic,
                      The salvage yard sent me some rust free Arizona bolts with the belts.........when I removed the original ones which were shitty to be sure, it was so nice to have rust free examples!...as far as the third passenger seat belts....I doubt not having them will ever be an issue. I did have some trouble toward the end, then I remembered something my dad used to do....take a hammer and hit the the end of the screwdriver........sending some shock through the screw head......man it actually worked......the screw then came out! Thanks pop
                      Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
                      That wouldn't work around here with the way things rust. The big ol Torx bit, breaker bar, some pb blaster/wd40/break away/what ever you choose, maybe a big pipe for leverage, and when all else fails put some heat on it... lol... screw driver, I wish things were that easy to work on around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Toploader View Post
                        ...I did have some trouble toward the end, then I remembered something my dad used to do....take a hammer and hit the the end of the screwdriver........sending some shock through the screw head......man it actually worked......the screw then came out! Thanks pop
                        Like a manual impact driver.

Impact tools come in handy as well for rusted junk up here.
                        Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                        ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                        ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Working...
                        X