Suddenly losing oil 98 gm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suddenly losing oil 98 gm

So suddenly my 98 grand marquis is losing oil, I don't feel that it burning because there is no smoke and I don't smell burning oil. The car was down 2 quarts of oil after approximately 250-350 miles. This car has routinely went 2,750-3,750 miles between oil changes running only Valvoline high mileage conventional oil without losing more than a quarter quart of oil. I do not see any leaks. any ideas?

oil sending unit. went out on my LTD a few years back, same issue and didnt see any leaks. the only reason i knew i was losing oil was i had BAD lifter noise. started checking oil and noticed a change in the levels. then started checking for leaks which there were none, the sending unit will only leak while engine is running
    Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
    Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
    Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

check the drain plug gasket also (or the drain plug itself).....they go bad after awhile and need replaced

Comment

Working...
      X