3 valve or 4 valve heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 valve or 4 valve heads

anyone know if its possible to put 3v or 4v heads on a 2v motor? i dont really wanna do a motor swap seein as i dont have the time or money
    Last edited by 01Townie; 05-30-2013, 11:44 AM.
    2010 Toyota Camry "Traveller II "
    54,xxx miles. New daily driver
    2001 Lincoln Town Car Signature "Leroy"
    rear cats deleted, 2" h pipe, dual 8" cherry bomb glasspacks
    114k miles. Sold to my coworker.
    1998 Toyota Camry "Traveller"
    Dead and sold.

Yes. 4 valve would be a better choice.

-ryan s.
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Originally posted by pantera77
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

yes. it's basically a top-end replacement though, as far as I know. Intake, ECU, etc.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
      160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
      waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

timing chain cover, timing chain tensioners, injectors, blah. ECU? tune.

-ryan s.
        08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
        97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
        94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
        73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
        12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
        Originally posted by pantera77
        Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

thanks yall! ill probably go with 4 valve...whenever i get the money, hahaha
          Dead and sold.

Comment

you dont have time for this either........motor swap would take less time..........is also going to require special tuning that will cost you at lest 600 bucks

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

thanks Scott, i think i'll just throw a carb on it, hahaha. ill probably end up doin a motor swap in the future, something big and carbureted with room for a supercharger...built 351 maybe, or a 427 if i can find one
              Dead and sold.

Comment

twinscrew on a 351... preferably a cleveland.
                Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
                Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
                Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

twinscrew is the way to go! though ive heard that the windsors are better for building up than the clevelands, is that true?
                  Dead and sold.

Comment

the oiling is better on a windsor, thought the clevland has a better bottom end... which is why you see clevor builds with windsor top half and cleveland bottom half.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    Originally posted by gadget73
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

This is over a year old, but this forum is quiet.

Originally posted by sly View Post
                      the oiling is better on a windsor, thought the clevland has a better bottom end... which is why you see clevor builds with windsor top half and cleveland bottom half.
                      In spite of 4 bolt mains being available, the Cleveland blocks are not stronger. The factory cylinder walls are notoriously thin and often have over heating issues with just a .030 over bore. Ford Racing blocks use the Windsor design with the Cleveland main bearing diameter which is smaller. I have never seen a Clevor with Windsor heads on a Cleveland block. It would be pointless.

Comment

I had that backwards... 351 Cleveland heads to a 351 Windsor block

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                        Originally posted by gadget73
                        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                        Originally posted by dmccaig
                        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                        X