• Show
Clear All

99 Grand Marquis masculinity

Click image for larger version

Name:	20130610_184757 (1).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	1300686

Could you guys help a new GM owner. Just got this beauty. I bought this one cause it is really clean and low milage. It is blue on blue. What can I do to make this more masculine? I am going to tint the windows but not alot of money aside from that.

Thanks in advance.

Scott
    Scott

Live in the midsouth where "Elvis is King and Jesus is Lord"

1999 Grand Marquis LS

I don't mean to seem a bit off, but I suggest having as much sex as you can in her. The bench seats are the best.

Welcome aboard, that is a really nice car, I am sure you will love it.

Does it have the Sport Package? It looks like it based on the rims.

You may want to update your profile with a geographic location and list the car in your signature so when you post about it later everone will know what kind of car you are talking about and can better answer your repair and upgrade questions in the future.
    Last edited by jaywish; 06-13-2013, 10:00 PM.
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Looks like it has the HHP package, so maybe flowmasters??
      The car looks great as is, I would just drive and enjoy it.
      I think that is a great color.

Comment

HPP wheel. Probably a HPP then. Check for dual exhaust and check the axle tag on the differential cover. It should say 3L27 which is a Limited Slip 3.27:1 gear set up.
        Tints? check.
        VHT Nite Shades. Tint the tail light assemblies. And possibly the side markers. Add some LEDs or projector head lights or poverty Plug-and-Play HIDs.
        Maybe plastidip some things black?
        Fog lights?

Or screw it and : http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...THIS-lt-PLEASE!!!!!!

-ryan s.
        08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
        97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
        94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
        73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
        12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
        Originally posted by pantera77
        Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

And drop it.

-ryan s.
          08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
          97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
          94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
          73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
          12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
          Originally posted by pantera77
          Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Jaywish, right after the tint!!!!

Scott
            Scott

1999 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

Testicles hanging off a trailer hitch seem to attract the ladies.

Pete
              Last edited by Piece-it pete; 06-14-2013, 12:08 PM.
              Originally posted by gadget73
              For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
              1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
              1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Nice car! How many miles on her? Oh and I recommend you keep it stock, that's how I used to get all the girls. Although they were 85 year old.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the reply and Link. VHT Night shades look cool and getting some plastidip too. does have two tail pipes just have not got under yet except to inpect the air ride bags...

Scott

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
                  HPP wheel. Probably a HPP then. Check for dual exhaust and check the axle tag on the differential cover. It should say 3L27 which is a Limited Slip 3.27:1 gear set up.
                  Tints? check.
                  VHT Nite Shades. Tint the tail light assemblies. And possibly the side markers. Add some LEDs or projector head lights or poverty Plug-and-Play HIDs.
                  Maybe plastidip some things black?
                  Fog lights?

Or screw it and : http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...THIS-lt-PLEASE!!!!!!

-ryan s.
                  Scott

1999 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

Mercury=Manly.
                    Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 335,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
                    Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 284,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Then it is the sport. Duals, Usually Posi, Air spring suspension, upgraded springs and shocks, plus the HPP 16"rims. I can't remember if they gears were smaller. If you do futz with the exhaust at some point remember it is stainless and use stainless parts to keep a maintenance free exhaust system. Getting the sport without really trying is really good luck.
                      03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                      02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                      08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                      12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Jaywish, it has the ride and handling package, later referred to as the handling and performance package (hence hpp wheels) not sport anything. There was sort of a Crown Vic sport, it had buckets and a center console floor shifter. It was only a five seater though. The Grand Marquis LSE was the same as the Crown Vic Sport with buckets and floor shifter, seating five.
                        Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

You are technically correct. I just call it the sport package for short or HPP for even shorter.
                          02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

Thanks guys for all this great info. Is there anything to squeeze out a couple MPG's?

Scott
                            Scott

1999 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

Originally posted by midsouthgeek View Post
                              Thanks guys for all this great info. Is there anything to squeeze out a couple MPG's?

Scott
                              Set the cruise control at 60-62. I shit you not, on my '99 Grand Marquis LS I used to have, it would regularly return 30+ hwy, (32.5 max) I had the digital dash and such, so the instant fuel economy was fun to watch hit 99mpg downhill and it helped keep your foot out of it when accelerating.

This was 32.5 mpg with 240k miles on the car, before the plastic crossover on the front of the intake started leaking coolant. I could still get 28.5 out of it on a good day, even with the leak before the axle bearing went and was almost sheared through the axle, which I found out about after my dad wrecked it minorly. The insurance payout and junkyard cash went towards the purchase of my '03 Ultimate.
                              Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Working...
                              X