Electronic Dash No Sound. 87' TC.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electronic Dash No Sound. 87' TC.

87' TC with electronic keyminder dash. When you press the buttons it gives you an audible beep. That sound is no longer working. The entire keyminder functions as it should, just no sound. Anyone know what's going on here? I checked the fuse descriptions in the manual, but don't see anything related. Did something get damaged? Did I unknowingly turn it off somehow?
    87' Lincoln Town Car Stars + Stripes. Explorer GT40P, Anderson B31 Cam, Shorty Headers, FRPP 1.6 Rockers, A9L, Sn95 T5 Trans, 3:55 Limited Slip, GNX Rear Springs, LSC Turbines, 1.5 wheelspacers, Full Custom Dual 2.5/Flowmasters, 00 P71 Airtube, 19lb calibrated Maf, Summit Alum Radiator, King Cobra Clutch, Short throw Shfter, Energy Susp Trans Mount,
    Mods to come: Big Brake/Poly Front Swap, PI Front Swaybar, Addco 650 Rear Swaybar, Boxed Upper Rear Control Arms, 351/Alum Heads, FRPP Valve Covers,

It could be because the chime box is bad. The key chime stopped working on mine and I just replaced the box with one from a junkyard. The key chime module also provides the tones for the digital dash/keyminder. It's right under the dash panel to the right of the steering column.

1989 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series | 249k miles, current project car
    2018 BMW 430i xDrive M-Sport | 50k miles
    2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport | 97k miles

Comment

Hmmm. The door chime still works though.
      87' Lincoln Town Car Stars + Stripes. Explorer GT40P, Anderson B31 Cam, Shorty Headers, FRPP 1.6 Rockers, A9L, Sn95 T5 Trans, 3:55 Limited Slip, GNX Rear Springs, LSC Turbines, 1.5 wheelspacers, Full Custom Dual 2.5/Flowmasters, 00 P71 Airtube, 19lb calibrated Maf, Summit Alum Radiator, King Cobra Clutch, Short throw Shfter, Energy Susp Trans Mount,
      Mods to come: Big Brake/Poly Front Swap, PI Front Swaybar, Addco 650 Rear Swaybar, Boxed Upper Rear Control Arms, 351/Alum Heads, FRPP Valve Covers,

Comment

The shop manual I have says that the door chime and digital dash chime come from the same module, although the tones are different. So it may be possible that one is bad and the one for the doors is good. The chime boxes from a junkyard are cheap anyways, but if you want I can scan the diagnostics page from my shop manual if you're interested in seeing them.

Comment

Hey, if you can scan that diag for me I will definitely use it. Where is the keyminder chime located and how do you remove/replace it?

Comment

ON my 87 vic it is right below the radio. One 7/32 bolt holds its bracket to the frame of the dash. Best accessed from the drivers side foot well right next to the ash tray. Again this if for a crown victoria/grand marquis.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Here's what the unit looks like:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130616_125028_520[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	1272585Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130616_125035_575[1].jpg
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	1272586

And this is where it's located:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130616_125157_424 2.jpg
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	1272587Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130616_125127_070.jpg
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	1272588

I'll scan the pages from the book later when I'm not so busy

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                ON my 87 vic it is right below the radio. One 7/32 bolt holds its bracket to the frame of the dash. Best accessed from the drivers side foot well right next to the ash tray. Again this if for a crown victoria/grand marquis.
                Same deal with the Town Car. Just undo the bracket (could be either a philips head screw or 7/32 bolt) and unplug the connector.

Comment

Nice I'll inspect it. Thank you.

Comment

Wonder if anyone has them available besides a JY??

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                    X