November 1/8 mile track pics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

November 1/8 mile track pics.

Thought I'd take the Vic to the track one more time this year, hoping to better my last time there in August.

Needless to say, the times were disappointing and only reaffirmed my belief that I need a reburn on my SCT chip because the original tune was hastily done.

Nevertheless, had a great time hanging out with some friends.

I did manage to coat the rear fenders with track compound on one run as I smoked the tires 1/2 way down the track before letting off.

It was a PITA to remove the stuff. Any suggestions for a simple method and recommended products required for easy track compound removal are appreciated.

Hopefully, the PI cams (to be installed soon), PI intake, re-built Marauder converter, and new tune will be done before the Vic returns to the track in the spring.

Click here for the pics.
    The 2003 Marauder 300A F.I.T #003
    The 1998 P71 Jinbei. SOLD!
    The 2001 P71 (Flying Snow).

I saw something one time in a magazine that you spray one before a burnout, and then you just wipe off the rubber. I'll try and find it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic
      I saw something one time in a magazine that you spray one before a burnout, and then you just wipe off the rubber. I'll try and find it again.
      I know that some guys would spray WD40 or another oil-based substance to prevent the compound from sticking.

Generally, I stay out of the stuff since I do not do burnouts w/my street tries.

However, I loaded the converter too much before launching and the tires broke loose upon the launch.
      The 2003 Marauder 300A F.I.T #003
      The 1998 P71 Jinbei. SOLD!
      The 2001 P71 (Flying Snow).

Comment

Working...
      X