Motorcraft Police Shocks for boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motorcraft Police Shocks for boxes

Rock Auto has them for $8.55 a shock!Get them...while its hot!

1978 Grand Marquis 460 2door "Blue Bomber"

1987 LTD Crown Vic Canadian Tow Package 351w aka the "MI Mountie"

1989 Colony Park ....Marge still lives!

1979 Marquis creamy goodness

you mean the ones that say "F Heavy Duty Shock Except STATION WAGON,POLICE EQPD"

???

One of us is confused... probably me.

Comment

Either way... $8 a shock is cheap enough for me to put them in my inventory
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloRider View Post
        you mean the ones that say "F Heavy Duty Shock Except STATION WAGON,POLICE EQPD"

???

One of us is confused... probably me.
        There's heavy duty, and super heavy duty.

I just bought 2 of the super heavy duty's for my winter wagon. I don't know why it says except wagon, wagon's and sedans use the same shocks.
        2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
        2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
        2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
        1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
          Either way... $8 a shock is cheap enough for me to put them in my inventory

For sure. I checked the price of rear shocks and springs from the local advanced auto parts and the springs alone cost more than the shocks, springs, and shipping from rockauto, not even including the discount. Rockauto is the SHIT!

Comment

Any input on the "except wagons" bit? I've often wondered about that...

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

I actually purchased these very same shocks and put them in my car last summer. I think I payed $11 each which was a good price too. The shocks made a HUGE difference. They're called Motorcraft "Suretrackers". I think I have a picture I'll post of them if I can find it. I found the shocks improved the handling and firmed up the ridiculously wallowy ride, yet still maintained the classic float down the road and very comfortable ride, without being to harsh. It was a great improvement

**A word of warning before anyone buys them** These shocks are VERY OLD and have no warranty. The boxes I received were dated 1990 and 1991. Also I suspected that the parts were at one point stolen and recovered as evidence, as they were stamped "Reclaimed Item" on both boxes. So there's no guarantees that these things won't leak 6 months after you install them. I got pretty lucky though

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
                Any input on the "except wagons" bit? I've often wondered about that...
                From the factory maybe the valving was a touch different for wagons, but nearly all aftermarket places list wagon and sedan shocks as the same.
                2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Definitely some NOS specials. Mine say recovered on them too.

Comment

Do they have any stampings on them? Last set of Sure Trackers that I bought from the dealer had Monroe Sensacrap stampings on them.

Comment

Sorry if this is a bum recommendation ............mine came in reclaimed and already leaking....phuck

1978 Grand Marquis 460 2door "Blue Bomber"

1987 LTD Crown Vic Canadian Tow Package 351w aka the "MI Mountie"

1989 Colony Park ....Marge still lives!

1979 Marquis creamy goodness

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
                        Do they have any stampings on them? Last set of Sure Trackers that I bought from the dealer had Monroe Sensacrap stampings on them.
                        No, they have legit motor craft stampings and part #'s on them

Comment

Working...
                        X