can not see it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can not see it!

Where exactly is the air temp sensor located on my '86 5.0 Tudor merc GM?.........I was told it is directly behind number five fuel injector...........I must be blind!.................also does the damn plenum have to be yanked?:-(!

the part circled in red, between the #5 and #6 injector. No need to pull anything, just need whatever size socket to spin the sensor out.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Many thanks Gadget..your avatar looks like "Max-Headroom'
      Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
      the part circled in red, between the #5 and #6 injector. No need to pull anything, just need whatever size socket to spin the sensor out.

Comment

Its actualy 1930's RCA radio advertising stuff. The "Magic Brain" assembly was basically the tuner mounted on a separate sub-assembly and then bolted to the main radio chassis. Exactly how it was supposed to be better was never explained but the advertising stuff was cool. The Magic Eye stuff was equally neat looking.

5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Very cool stuff..............I am into old McIntosh tube stuff myself...........that and over 1000 RCA "shaded dog" era lps and open reel tapes!
          Long live music and technology of the 1950's!

Comment

Ah, nice. I haven't graduated into anything as fancy as McIntosh gear. I have some Sherwood, Fisher, and Stromberg-Carlson stuff though. Which McIntosh do you have?

I don't have any of the early RCA records, or at least none that I know of. There might be one over there on the shelf someplace. I've probably got close to 1000 albums but its a pretty motley mix of stuff from the 50s through the 80s. I've got stuff from Spike Jones to the Woodstock soundtrack and a lot of stuff in between.

Comment

I have two tuners an MR-74, and an MR 71. Plus an old receiver from college the 1900. SS amp: MC250
              Btw, on my 86 5.0 with EFI..............I can not find the following specs in the 86 shop manual............. curb idle in N and the proper base timing....degrees before TDC.

Comment

Working...
              X