Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1995 Town Car: what is key

Good morning,

I'm going through my "brand-new" '95 Town Car Cartier and I'm realizing that the ignition key does not open the locked driver's door. I have to use the keypad. The key will, however, open the passenger-side door.

I should mention that the driver's door latch sometimes sticks (will not latch) and I have to play with the power lock button to make it catch. I do not have a trunk key, but I was reading in the owner's manual where you can configure the keypad to open the trunk, along with the interior door button also.

If anybody's had experience with a similar driver's door lock situation please let me know.

Thanks,

Jim

1995 Town Car: what is key

Could be just a poorly made key if its a copy. Our taurus has the same issue because when the locksmith made our replacement key he cut it from the passenger door. Our original was lost.

Could just be the mechanism inside the door needing attention though

Also if you press the 5/6 button after entering your code it should open the trunk.
    Last edited by fmansfield444; 07-28-2013, 12:44 PM.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - Currently restoring after she caught fire! CFI to SEFI to Carb swap, all custom wiring, Duraspark 2 ignition, Motorcraft 2100 Carb, slicktop, Shorty headers dumped before rear axle, 140 Speedo, 3G alt, And currently building an engine for her.

2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series - 165XXX, PI intake swap , 30 MPG Easy on the Highway, All options except dual exhaust. Currently looking for 2 front seats: Heated, Memory, and Light Graphite color!!

Comment

Could be someone changed the lock with one from the junk yard?

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Thank you both 444 and Marquisman,

This helps.

Comment

Working...
        X