Exhaust question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust question...

Plan on removing my cats and installing a H-pipe and either flowmaster original 40 series or magnaflows and I know the check engine light will come on. I have been planning on doing my exhaust up a little bit because Ive always enjoyed louder vehicles. But with my cats rattling so much, I figured that now is the perfect time to get my exhaust done. I just wanted to know if there is a bypass method that I can do that would remove the check engine light that Im sure I will get from removing the cats. On my last mustang gt I removed the cats and went flowmaster and I removed the check engine light by installing MIL eliminators. Is it possible to install the same MIL eliminators on my 2004 mercury grand marquis 4.6? Thanks

Not that I'm aware of. Would probably have to tune them out of the ECM. Why not just stick new cats under it and then change the rest of the exhaust from there back? Would probably sound way better in the end. Also, I don't know about the inspections where you live but it would flunk the visual for sure. Just a thought.

I'd go with Magnaflow for the mufflers. Search youtube for vics with different exhaust setups. There are a ton out there to give you ideas.
    These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.

Comment

Stick with stainless
      03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
      02 SL500 Silver Arrow
      08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
      12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Working...
      X