I HAVE STEREO!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I HAVE STEREO!!!!

Well, I finnally figured out the problem(s) with the stereo in my '84...

First, the fuse for the radio was missing... I thought the radio fuse was the fuse above the one it turned out to be... (You know how the labels are on the fuse blocks!) Anyway, there was no fuse in the radio slot... So that caused one of the two radios to "pop" thru the speakers when you turned it on. I hooked up the antenna, hooked up a ground jumper wire from the radio to the body of the car... and it started working! So now I have to install the new antenna, and make a adapter wiring harness to tap into the power for the gauges and gauge lights.... (this is how my '91 is wired from the factory... so other than the sensor wires to the engine compartment, it is plug and play!) then I can put everything back together on the dash! WOO HOO!!!! Hopefully, by this weekend, I'll have the lights, sirens, gunrack, and radios installed in the car....

Tom...

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
    Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

you sound like a smart person i knew you would figure it out.

Comment

:banana: :rock:
        Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
        Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:
          2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

Working...
          X