Grand Marquis Interchangeable part help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grand Marquis Interchangeable part help

ok I've been looking through google for a couple days and I can't find my specific question anywhere. 1st let me give you a little information about my car. Its a 99 Grand Marquis, I bought it from my brother and he bought it from some guy. Currently it has marauder front end. A couple weeks ago a drunk driver came around the corner and hit my car so hard it pushed it under my van. The whole front end is wrecked and cracked my back bumper. Marauder parts aren't cheap and Im not really a fan of clones so I was going to put a grand marquis front end back on it. The thing is I want to put a newer front on it. I understand most parts from cv to mgm are interchangeable. So my question is, can I use like 05 cv fenders with a 00 cv hood with a 05 cv header panel 03 mgm lights and 03 mgm bumper without it being any problems? I'm using different years because this is basicly what the junk yard has and I want to know if it will fit. I asked around a couple shops and there are a few other years they have but that junkyard had all that. Any suggestions???
    Last edited by Dboy; 08-11-2013, 12:05 PM.

the bumper can be modified to fit (IF it doesnt) i would try to keep the fenders from the same body of your car, same with headlights, as for the hood, i cant imagine the MGM and CV being much different. but i wouldnt go much more than a year older or newer than yours.

i ran into that problem with my taillights. while they were for my body style, they came off a 79 where mine is an 82. they fit and i didnt have to mod anything. but i had to really finess them in. nothing will every be a perfect fit like they were fresh off the line. its just the age. so try to keep whatever parts you need in a close 1 or 2 year range of your own car.

i realize that wasnt much help haha
    Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
    Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
    Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

took some digging, but I found the thread...
      http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...gablilty-guide

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
      X