My gauge package power plug....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My gauge package power plug....

Here is the plug I made up tonight to hook up my gauges to power.

I used the plugs off of an old AM/FM radio, and the plug out of another 84 LTD... This will go between the two plug ends on the power cable... it has three "taps" on it.

1) One for the power on the volt gauge, that comes on with the ignition.
    2) Two plugs for the gauge and siren backlights that comes on with the headlight switch, when you turn the headlights on.

This is how the '91 gauge package hooks up, figured I would make one to make the '84 easier to hook up....

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
    Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Custom harnesses rock!
    Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
    Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

good work
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

stereo dial light....

Tonight I hooked up the radio to make sure the harness was all good... and realized that the dial light in the radio was red! ACHH!!! (the rest of mine are green/blue) So i took the radio in the house, and took the top off... if you have never had one of the old analog radios apart, there is a red "lense" over the lightbulb for the color of the dial light.... So I took the other radio I have, that is fried, and took the green/blue lense out of it, and put it in the radio I am using.. so now it is blue/green! I'm going to install the new antenna tommorow, and then get the radio back in the dash, and the rest of the dash back together...

Here's what the red one looks like

I think the Mustangs came with red dash lights...

Late news flash... I installed the radio tonight right before i came to work...

Tom...

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
        Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Comment

Never seen one in red before. I thought the green/blue was wat they all had.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
          X