Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rear window regulators, Got some compatability issues. 92-97 different from 98-2007?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear window regulators, Got some compatability issues. 92-97 different from 98-2007?

So I finally get around to installing my rear window regulators on the MGM this saturday, After I take apart a door and have it all ready I go in to put in regulator and the bolts on top are to narrow to fit in holes, and the bottom bracket does not line up with holes at all! Not even close.

So i take out regulator to match up with old one and nope, not the same. I purchased the pair of regulators on ebay. 1992 to 2007 they say is compatible. I look at box and see that sticker and part number say its for a 98-2007 car. So I imagine that the regulators are different on a 92-97.

I email the seller and she insists that i have the right part and that i take pictures because the box is labeled wrong.

regardless i now am fighting about that to get my money back, but more importantly i just realized that all the regulators say that they are compatible with 92-2007 cars, which is not true, correct?

any help on this subject?
    96 ruby with grey vinyl top. 15 inch hubs really clean!

all the listings I'm finding in parts places say 92-2011 is the same... so you may need to make sure that it's not just bent. I know when I replaced the front ones on my vic, you had to line up the top and then wiggle the bottom around until it found the right location.

if you have side by side or laid on top of each other pictures of the parts to note the differences, please post them.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Nope not same at all. top screws are to close together. i thought the same but they are to close.

and bottom is to far up to line up with holes

Comment

Maybe somebody stuck the wrong one in the box.
        03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
        02 SL500 Silver Arrow
        08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
        12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

yeah... check the number on the part... does it match the box?

also, did you order rears and they send you fronts?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Thats a good idea, Ill check to see if they are fronts. And also check the number on part itself.

I just recenlty did the front too. I wonder. hmmmmm

Now this guy from ebay wants me to return part so i lose on shipping.. its incredible.

Comment

as far as ebay goes, open a case you will get the shipping back.
              03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
              02 SL500 Silver Arrow
              08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
              12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Working...
              X