The OTHER air bags (suspension)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The OTHER air bags (suspension)

So I need to replace the air springs/bags in the rear of my '90 TC. I was wondering if anyone had a brand or store they'd recommend. I mean, I can score a set of the bags with o-rings for $87 on Ebay with a 1 year warranty, but would like to know if anyone has dealt with any of those sellers and if they are on the up and up. I've also found one or two complete systems, with pump, lines, and bags, etc for $230 or so.

Anyway, I don't want to burn out the compressor, so I've benched the car for now until I get the bags & shocks in to replace them.

My brother replaced his rears on his 2000 Towncar & would probably be helping me. But I don't want to call him & wake him up like I did twice yesterday (tho he told me to call him 2nd time).
    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Thought about replacing the system with springs??

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Suncore is one good option. They offer lifetime warranty. I think they are partially made here but use China rubber.

Arnott is the best, German rubber by Continental I believe the rest made and assembled in USA. Also I believe lifetime warranty. IIRC they offer two different bag options, regular and HD. Probably want regular unless you want limo springs.
      03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
      02 SL500 Silver Arrow
      08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
      12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

So I ordered the Suncore pair off of Eekbay, off Suncore Industries themselves, actually. I saw some related items when I did one search/item and it said Arnott 2220 or whatever number, but when you went to the page IT DID NOT say Arnott anywhere on it. Plus they were selling the pair for just $129.99 & the sticker on the bags pictured looked different from all the other Arnotts for sale on the site for $230/pr.http://www.ebay.com/itm/1990-2011-LI...126#vi-content There's the potentially fraudulent/fake parts link.

Miamibob, I didn't really consider converting the car to springs because that's what a lot of people freak out and do. It's been said before in here that usually the only parts that go bad on air suspensions are the bags, and replacing them (especially DIY) is not harder than a spring conversion, and they usually last as long as springs do.

With 193k on the car already, am I taking a risk? Absolutely. But I'm also replacing the shocks at the same time and it's going to make a world of difference when that gets done. I've only had 1 air suspension car, my Green '94 CV which was totalled when I had to swerve away from a Caravan, flying out of his driveway across a lane and directly into my path: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...61-not-again-o There's the thread, damage pics about halfway down.
        Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Air springs
          03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
          02 SL500 Silver Arrow
          08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
          12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

The springs are cake to swap, and not that much more expensive than coils. Besides, its one of the things that make it a LIncoln.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

The OTHER air bags

Wife, and mother-in-law??

Comment

I didn't say funbags and airbags, PICKUP6772.

Had to call my credit card to see if transaction went through, I mistyped my email address while checking out as guest buying the airbags. I hope I have all the parts by end of week.

Comment

Working...
                X