Eibach Springs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eibach Springs?

I've seen Eibach Springs for 98-02 Vics mentioned several times on the net. Anyone know anything about them? If they still make them, etc...
    Nick
    88 Colony Park LS
    G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
    Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

I have heard about these myself, in JC whitney...
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/P...011298/c-10114

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Those are neuspeeds in that link....Super slammed? Dunno if you really want that...and there really isn't an application descrition for that if you google the PN.

Kinda fishy

And I thought eibach stopped the panther springs years ago...
        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

I can't find them listed anywhere but I really want to hunt a set down.
          Nick
          88 Colony Park LS
          G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
          Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Damn. I want those BAD! It doesn't say how much it will lower it by but I think I smell what I want for Xmas. So If I were to get those springs would I have to replace my shocks? I would down the road alittle bit. But I have to do my brakes on my vic and I want to get springs and shocks. $ is the only thing. I have to do my brakes. Then I will need $200 for shocks. I guess my question is if I put those springs on could I go for like a month or 2 till I can afford shocks or would that be a problem?
            2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

I called Eibach during the summer and they didn't have anything available. This Neuspeed link doesn't make sense because on their own website they only sell import parts.

The only way I know of to get custom springs is from http://www.coilsprings.com/ but they didn't respond to my quote request.
              2001 Grand Marquis LS
              SuperMotors Page
              CJMF
              Motorsports North East

Best 1/4 Mile : 15.771 @ 86.96 mph 11/05/05
              224 RWHP - 250 RWTQ - 03-18-06

New Best 1/4 Mile :
              15.195 @ 89.79 mph 2.207 60' 11/03/06 - Race weight 4458 lbs.

Comment

There are lots of street stock circle track parts that will work on the panthers. (check our stickies) Plenty of variety for the spring rates. The rears might be a little short, but it might be the ride hieght you want, or can easily be spaced/adjusted up with a little fabrication. I will be getting that stuff together in the next few months.

BTW, I like your car! Nice wheels. What are the specs on them? I'm looking around for some 17x10's or so for autocrossing..

edit...checked you superford page...WOW. Nice setup.
                Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

BK has prob the coolest setup i've seen...
                  1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                  Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

BK, that is one bad Merc! How does the T2 feel? I have a Detroit version of the T1.

Comment

Well thank you guys for the compliments.

mrltd,

I have 19x8.5 and 19x9.5 with 245/40/19 and 285/35/19. The wheels are 38 offset so I have 30mm H&R spacers on the front and 35mm on the rear. This pushed out the wheels just a bit. The rear fenders on '98-'02 have a lip. I have noticed on '03 CVs, Marauders and the '05 Mustang have no inner lip. They are flat. I rolled my fender so it would clear the tires. I've heard someone on the CV.Net forum that just trimmed or cut his off.

Blaze86Vic,

The T2-R diff. feels great. I've never driven in another car with another type of diff. but I like how this one works. On a sharp 90 degree angle turn with some loose dirt, from a stop sign, you can hear and feel the Torsen working. I can tell there is a difference during autocross too. There were a few times last year that when I tried to accelerate from a sharp turn that you would hear my one wheel spin and me not going anywhere. It sucks having an open diff. in an autocross.
                      2001 Grand Marquis LS
                      SuperMotors Page
                      CJMF
                      Motorsports North East

Best 1/4 Mile : 15.771 @ 86.96 mph 11/05/05
                      224 RWHP - 250 RWTQ - 03-18-06

New Best 1/4 Mile :
                      15.195 @ 89.79 mph 2.207 60' 11/03/06 - Race weight 4458 lbs.

Comment

Compared to the open, these diffs are god. I'd really like to do a good comparison to a conventional clutch based limited slip. I saw a write up on one. Where a guy in a mustang Cobra compared a race Eaton limited slip, and a Zexel T2, the review is what sold me on the T2 type diff. The guy said driving with the T2 was much more...."not scary" lol

Comment

Working...
                        X