93 Sunbird LE Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

93 Sunbird LE Coupe

So the nissan is gone. Happy not to be getting 200 to a tank but sad to see it go since its been reliable for the 53k its been in the family. In its place is this 93 Sunbird LE Coupe i picked up for $300. The car is spotless. No rust, No rot, NOTHING AT ALL! It was brought up from alabama 3 years ago the guy i got it from said the person he brought it from moved up and it was then sold to him. Just changed the fuel filter which was almost fully plugged, really dirty air filter, and put a thermostat in it. Tires were shot and a local guy up my street had some like new snows he was selling so i grabbed them. It only has the 2.0L in it and it seems fairly zippy for a small motor. Has to get undercoated ASAP to go through this winter. It has power windows and locks but not power mirrors or cruise unless i havent found that yet.
    Attached Files
    2018 F150 XLT 43k
    1970 Buick GS 455 Stage 1 44k
    1968 Buick Riviera

Not bad for $300.

'93 T-bird
    '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
    '88 Mark VII
    '86 CV

Comment

My buddy has a '92 like that with a 5-speed. Went pretty good. Prolly the best J-body car to date. Both reliability and looks.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Sunbird=Funbird.
        Summer car-> 1988 Lincoln Town Car, triple blue, 335,xxx km. New HO 5.0 in and running. Bought 2006/08/22. June 2017 PotM!
        Winter vehicle-> 1995 Ford F-250 XLT SuperCab 4x4, 284,xxx+km. AKA "Brutus" 460/E4OD/4.10 axles and 12 MPG. Bought 2019/08/14

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Went on the road today. Stalled out twice when it was warming up. Need to fix the lock actuators asap or keep doing it by hand. Has no rear window defroster which sucks for up here. Runs alot better since the gas filter was changed. Did the rear shocks today and changed to the snow tires. It is zippy for a little car and just needs little things fixed to be great.
          2018 F150 XLT 43k
          1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

$300 is a smoking deal.
            '79 Continental Town Car
            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Needs motor mounts. Rubbers are shot and it vibrates like a phone when it idles so im thinking later today is motor mount day.
              2018 F150 XLT 43k
              1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

Well..... After around 800 miles the motor went. Only had 93k on it. Started knocking yesterday when i was heading out and made it little more than a half mile from my house and died. Was a little low on coolant but still had a little more than half the radiator full. Changed the plugs to the new ones i was given with the car. Drivers side 2 were covered in coolant and the passenger 2 were in oil and sludge. I changed the oil at 20 miles after i got it so there was fresh clean oil in it. I had been using lucas injector cleaner and got better mileage. Dont know what happened. Think the head gasket went or the head cracked. Will crank but wont fire. Had it towed home. Camaro is now my daily for a while. Gonna sell the sunbird off now i think. Only have $200 into it other then the few bits it needed. Guessing if it doesnt sell ill fix it during the summer when i have a little more cash flow.
                2018 F150 XLT 43k
                1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

I am not familiar with that particular engine but it could be the intake itself.
                  03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                  02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                  08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                  12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Not likely. 2 of the 4 plugs had coolant on them. Signs of a bad head gasket like the truck had.
                    2018 F150 XLT 43k
                    1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

Sell it and fix your other rides unless you really enjoy it.
                      '79 Continental Town Car
                      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

The body is so clean on the car it would suck to see it in the junk yard. The motor if it just needs the head done is worth fixing but if the block is cracked or something else i dont know. The camaro sucks in the snow so im hoping this car is a fast fix.
                        2018 F150 XLT 43k
                        1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

I have seen cracked intakes just pour coolant into some of the cylinders.
                          03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                          02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                          08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                          12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

So i went out and got it started tonight. Poured antifreeze into the exhaust, leaked it along the 2 driverside plug holes, and needed to have the gas held on some what to stay running. It did idle for 10 seconds and died out again. Thought it was the head gasket. Mechanic friend said after seeing that head is cracked. $350 through work for a ready to install one. Guess im ordering a head this spring.
                            2018 F150 XLT 43k
                            1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

Working...
                            X