1997 grand marquis stalling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1997 grand marquis stalling

I have a 1997 grand marquis with only 40,000 miles that stalls out occassionly when slowing down coming to a stop or making a turn. I already replaced the IAC with one from Ford and cleaned throttle body car starts right back up and runs excellent any help would be appreciated. No check engine light on.

EGR might need some cleaning.
    Check resistance at the throttle position sensor(TPS).
    Also, check resistance for crank position sensor too.
    When was the last time the fuel and air filters were changed?
    And spark plugs?

-ryan s.
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Originally posted by pantera77
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

so here is update car was taken into shop and they cant find problem neither. no codes all data looks fine,fuel pressure is perfect .they tried replacing iac with another factory ford,replaced mass air flow sensor still dies occasionally and starts right back up and runs perfect cant even tell its running.occassionally after hot soak cranks long then starts but smells of fuel when finally starts and runs perfect.sounds electrical because car acts like you turned key off but then starts right back up when dying out.car had tune up year ago

Comment

Ignition switch (not the key cylinder)????

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Working...
        X