more stuff accomplished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

more stuff accomplished

OK, This week at school i built new stronger upper control arm mounts.
    Mainly because i broke one of the stock mounts off years ago. I welded it
    back on but it was not right. It was kinda twisted. These new ones will not break .
    Then i did some frame trimming just above the lower control arm.
    to allow the car to sit lower with bigger tires . So now the lower control arms will
    go inside the frame rails when lowered all the way. I also had to notch for the tie rod ends

:chainsaw:

Need visual input immediatley

Hows the engine coming?
    Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
    Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

u should try the 98-02 front suspension........the forged upper arms would probably hold up better to the bouncing action

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Actualy, I dissagree with that. I think the stamped is a little better at handeling the impacts, though not as strong.

Comment

Stamped will twist a fair bit, and eventually fatigue. Also I dont think the problem was with the upper arm, he said he broke the mount. The newer suspension mounts that upper control arm totally different. Instead of that bar-like device that we have, there are two U brackets welded to the frame and the upper control arm sits in there with the bushings and pivot bolts. That might be a bit stronger than the setup we have. If you wanted it good and strong, you could do that and box it on the top and back side so its only open on the end the arm comes in. Could also weld gusset plates down to the frame and that shit isn't going anywhere.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by grandpaslincoln
            Need visual input immediatley

Hows the engine coming?
            I'll try to get visuals. The block is at the machine shop getting bored, maybe 30 over. HO heads are getting decked at the machine shop. So now it's a waiting game.

Comment

The control arms don't flex enough to fatigue. Eventually I will box them and metal finish them. And this will give them both strength and appearance.

Comment

a 95 arm has the bar like our boxes and still allows use of the 98-02 spindle for the bigger brakes

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
                '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
                '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

:bump:

Whars the pix!!!?!?!
                  1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                  Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Working...
                  X