Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weatherstripping kits?

Is there anything made for us?
    I know some of the door seals are less than perfect and the one around the tailgate window could use replacing but what is a good source?
    I've looked at a few places for a kit for the car and can't find anything but maybe someone here has found something or knows what are some good "universal" sets to start with.

Thanks.
    1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

There are several posts here about that and I believe even a "sticky" that has lots of info.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

I believe the rear tailgate weatherstripping for the window has been discussed before. The only two things no body has a definitive answer on is the door weather strippings and the tailgate weather strippings.

I have replaced my door weatherstrippings with some that I have found. Yeah, found on the job. About 30ft of it was sitting outside for a week at the US Open in flushing next to the trash. I picked it up years ago nd it has been great for me. I made some posts about it with measurements.

In the end anybody that says they are trying something for the door weatherstrippings never report back so we get nowhere on that issue.

Dew wipes for both wagon tailgates and sedan windows, trunk weatherstripping, and window channel weatherstrippings have all been covered. Once the rest are found out a good sticky will be made for it.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Here's a weather strip thread another member posted not too long ago.
        Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
        ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
        ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Working...
        X