4.6 upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4.6 upgrades

As some of you know, I am gettin an 05 or 06 GT Stang in Jan or Feb, and I need to know what stuff I am gonna need to get more power.
    2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Off road X-pipe, burned chip, new mufflers, and rock that shit the way it is!!!

Comment

Chip Type?
      Full or Cat-back?
      Paxton, VOrtech, Whipple, Roush, or Saleen Supercharger?
      Suspension?

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

For the chip/tuner I would get a Xcalibrator 2 by SCT. I love mine. I have heard that there is no need for a full catback on the 05+ stangs cause the piping is perfect till the muffers. So just get some mufflers and some tips for it.
        2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Originally posted by blazingstang
          Chip: ONLY SCT, nothing else. As for who, I know of three good choices, Lonnie @ BOC, Lidio @ Alternative Auto, or The Man himself
          -Michael

Comment

Ver soon I will make a new several mods to BLACKHAWK-P74 INTERCEPTOR which includes.

1-Moog upper balljoints

2-Steeda underdrive pulleys

3-Goodyear Gatorback belt.

4-04 P.I. zip tube

5-Marauder airbox

6-MSD coil packs

7-9mm Ford sprk plug cables.

8-New tires

ATT.SNIPER 308. :nightrid:
            MERC75-INTERCEPTOR, BORN IN 2003,DIED IN SEP/21/2010 AT 9:55AM AT THE SORT AHE OF 8 YEARS PROTECTING HIS OWNER TO DIE

Comment

you need big brakes sniper

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

oK. BUT ¿What excactly parts I need to make the conversion? I buy the 16" rims from a wrecked Grand Marquis Tell me LINCOLNMANIA i read many good advantages of making this type of swap.

ATT.SNIPER 308. :nightrid:
                MERC75-INTERCEPTOR, BORN IN 2003,DIED IN SEP/21/2010 AT 9:55AM AT THE SORT AHE OF 8 YEARS PROTECTING HIS OWNER TO DIE

Comment

Originally posted by blazingstang
                  Chip Type?
                  Full or Cat-back?
                  Suspension?
                  vortec. they make a 575 hp kit for the new gts but it cost's some $$$$ but it's worth it. full exhaust and new intake.
                  Originally posted by GMGT
                  you mangwhore

resident sniper expert

Comment

big front brakes are easy for you sniper......you already have the proper spindles.......spindles r the same 96-02
                    heres a list of what you need.
                    16" wheels (at least on the front)
                    1998-2002 wheel bearings
                    1998-2002 brake rotors (12.5" )
                    1998-2002 brake calipers (difference they are 2 piston calipers rather than a single piston)
                    1998-2002 caliper brackets
                    1998-2002 brake hoses
                    all in all the swap on your car should only take an afternoon......braking is much improved
                    scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

Comment

and how you type an upsidown question mark?
                      must be a puorto rico thing lol........you should be importing panthers there......i worked with a guy oscar, he used to come up here in the summer and work and ship hondas home to his mother, then sell them for huge profits when he was at home

Comment

say goodbye to your warranty....
                        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                        sigpic
                        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

and how you type an upsidown question mark?
                          Get a PC because MAC sucks!!

The key code on a windows PC is "alt" + the numbers 0191 and when you let off of the alt key yout a ¿

http://tlt.its.psu.edu/suggestions/i...s/codealt.html

Comment

Comment

The 3V in the Mustang comes very well tuned from Ford. a A K&N air filter adds a few HP, as does running high octane fuel, due to the engine's knock sensor. The exhaust is damn near perfect from the factory for basic mods, but performance a performance cat-back and mufflers don't hurt. That's about it as far as basic mods go, after that, you're going to get into heavier stuff such as cams and a power adder.
                              Nick
                              88 Colony Park LS
                              G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                              Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Working...
                              X