Trans Lurches in three gears but not in OD 2001 GM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trans Lurches in three gears but not in OD 2001 GM

Strange problem with my 2001 GM. When starting from a stop, the tranny lurches through the first three gears until it gets to about 50 and the OD kicks in. If I turn the OD off at the stop, and then accelerate normally, it does not do this. I had an 89 GM with the AOD trans and the lockup at 50 had a pronounced clunk, almost a bang. This trans has been very smooth up till now. I thought the OD had no effect until about 50, so I'm wondering if the OD is trying to engage before it's set point and that's the "lurching" I'm feeling.
    Thanks!

check fluid level. you may have a small leak somewhere and it's drained a bit much. If it's low, top up with Mercon V.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

2002 p71 od comes on at like 35mph under light throttle. i can tell because if i turn off od it flares. that or its something to do with the torque converter.
      Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Comment

Working...
      X