Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2003 Lincoln Town Car - What to look for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2003 Lincoln Town Car - What to look for?

Once I get information back from seller on VIN to make sure it's not a salvage car, I'm looking into a dark blue on black leather w/sunroof 03 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Looks like a 2 owner car, 99K miles.

Is there anything to be aware of on the 2003s? Any common faults?
    -Nick M.
    Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
    03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Rear axle seals and timing chain tensioners.
    That's pretty much all I can think of for now.

-ryan s.
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Originally posted by pantera77
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

03 also had a soft rear axle problem? I don't know how to check it though. Be careful if you can feel a wobble in the front end.

Pete
      Originally posted by gadget73
      For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
      1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
      1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Front end parts are cheap, I can do my own work

So I may have to do timing chain tensioners. Otherwise, just rear axle issues. Like the axle shafts are problematic causing uneven wear on axle seal?
        -Nick M.
        Columbia, SC

Comment

The axles are soft causing them to fail or get chewed up and wreck the bearings and seals. Typically, by that mileage they've been replaced, but it's still worth looking into.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Good to know.

Luckily some 04 Pull A Part axles and some new bearings/seals can cure that issue Thanks for the info/tip!
            -Nick M.
            Columbia, SC

Comment

04 had the same issue.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Well it's all a moot point now, car sold this AM.

I found another 03 w/roof with dark blue on black, but it's on the West Coast :-|
                -Nick M.
                Columbia, SC

Comment

The timing chain tensioners on the 03's were a recall item, if they were replaced via recall, the front of the valve covers would be labeled in white with an 'x' and three dots.

Comment

Thanks for the tip on the valve covers.

No luck on finding a dark blue with black interior. Under 8K. I thought I had one in FL, but dealer wholesaled it because of air suspension issues.

Found the next best…red on black leather in Cincinatti. I put a deposit down. Just need to find someone to do a vehicle inspection…
                    -Nick M.
                    Columbia, SC

Comment

Well...I bought a 2003 Lincoln Town Car Signature, 50K miles. Factory sunroof appears to be the only option, has the rest of the regular Signature options. No nav or HID.

It's that dark blue color with black leather. 3.27 open diff. Florida car from the looks. Hope it will last me awhile. It's intention is to replace my 2000 Taurus as a daily driver. The Taurus may stick around as a backup.
                      -Nick M.
                      Columbia, SC

Comment

Congrats!!!
                        Looks like this?:

Start a reader ride thread for it and post some pictures!!!

-ryan s.
                        08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                        97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                        94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                        73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                        12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                        Originally posted by pantera77
                        Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Yessir! That's the color. I saw it once and was floored. Such an attractive, deep, rich color. Wish mine had Whitewalls like yours. Looks like you have a NICE ride there.

I have to go get it on Sunday in southern Florida at a Ford dealer. 8 hours down, 8 hours back. I don't have any time off. 16-17 hrs of driving. I'll be tired, lol. Taking a rental Hertz 1 way to go get it.
                          -Nick M.
                          Columbia, SC

Comment

It is called Deep Pearl Blue.
                            03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                            02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                            08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                            12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Originally posted by jaywish View Post
                              It is called Deep Pearl Blue.
                              Not on Lincolns. True Blue Metallic, Vin sticker paint code matches up to True Blue for 03.

Kind of like on the Taurus for 2003 MY. They had a Patriot Blue Metallic. The Sable it was called French Blue. It's the same color, same color code. Some Ford employee job justification there...
                              -Nick M.
                              Columbia, SC

Comment

Working...
                              X