Starter problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starter problem?

Hey what's up guys haven't been on here for a while erb focusing on my new hobby my motorcycle. Anyways think my car is jealous. Got a 2000 mercury grandmarquis goodcondition 46 k miles. About a few months ago I got to my car to turn it on and it was acting like the battery was dead it had no power. No lights in the car didn't try to start horn didn't work power locks didn't work nothing. Waited 2 hours to give it a jump and before I did I noticed the car was fine . I got a new battery cuz it was time for a new one and today the same exact problem happened waited 2 hours and it's fine now. Checked the alternator it's fine. Could this be my starter about to go???

could just be a bad connection at the starter or the battery.....check for loose wires etc.....a bad connection could also cause a short in the system...eventually draining the battery

Comment

Try cleaning both your battery posts and cable connections with a wire brush tool that is designed for cleaning both (super cheap tool). Also check and clean the connection that runs from the battery to the 'power distribution box' behind the battery on top of the passenger wheelwell.

Comment

Working...
      X