A few questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few questions

I just bought my 07 on Monday and love it! It really is like driving a big comfy couch down the road.

I got a K&N air filter for it and can't get the air intake box back on right. I almost got it and ended up clamping it down the best I could but a couple of the teeth on the box won't go into the holes in the lid toward the right side. Is there some secret to get it back on correctly?

I squirted the windshield fluid in the parking lot because I got new wipers as well, and most of the spray went over the windshield and onto the roof. Is there some way to adjust the squirters?

The hood fell on my head while I was fooling with the stupid air intake box, so I need new hood struts. Are they hard to replace? I've seen the ones that are heftier than the originals and some that are gas charged. Do they work better?

Go to rockauto for the hood struts. Remember to use our discount code for 5% off. They are easy to change. I have had to replace the hood struts frequently. Maybe it is the harsh weather here that ruins them.

Comment

Hood struts are easy to do I'd suggest Rock Auto as well or go find a good set at your local Junk Yard.. As for the filter box the K&N's lip might be over hanging so just make sure it's in all the way and tucked in good and or make sure somebody didn't switch filters from one box to another.. You can adjust the squirters but I couldn't tell you how lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Make sure you get that air box lid on secure, you don't want to dirty up your MAF sensor which could happen if you don't have a nice tight fit.

Oh, and welcome to the forums!

Comment

Oh yea! Good point the K&N's oil may set off your MAF. Happened to my brothers 07 so he just ran the filter dry with no oil on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sometimes I have to screw with my air box lid to get it to seat, I know what you're talking about. Beer and obscenities may help

Pete
            Originally posted by gadget73
            For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
            1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
            1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Windshield sprayers can be adjusted with a pin or small piece of metal, put it in the hole and aim down a bit...that don't sound right.

Sent from the crapper
              1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

Beer and obscenities always help. Unless you're an alcoholic or in front of a judge, or both.
                Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Thanx guys. I had to sort of twist the airbox lid and insert the teeth to the right first, then the rest fit in like they were supposed to.

I use Rock Auto a lot and A1 auto. I usually can find a discount code for Rock Auto somewhere. Where is the 5% discount for this site located?

Now to find a little pin to adjust the squirters...

Comment

Here:
                    http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...res-04-10-2014

They sponsor our site, so as a member, you can use it.

-ryan s.
                    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                    Originally posted by pantera77
                    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Working...
                    X