Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whom Here Has a Factory Moonroof (2003-2011 owners)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whom Here Has a Factory Moonroof (2003-2011 owners)

Just curious - whom here has a factory moonroof on their 2003-2011 Lincoln Town Car, Mercury Grand Marquis or Ford Crown Victoria? There's a question behind this, but just curious whom has one first of all.
    -Nick M.
    Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
    03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

My 04 Marauder has one, but it was shipped from STAP as an incomplete vehicle and installed by whatever vendor Ford was using. It is on the window sticker and considered a "factory" option.

Comment

My '05 Sport had it on the window sticker as well.

Sent while running from the cops using Tapatalk
      1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

I have the same car you do, just different interior.

-ryan s.
        08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
        97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
        94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
        73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
        12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
        Originally posted by pantera77
        Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

So for those that have the factory one, have you noticed that the headliner sags?

I was looking closer and have noticed Ford used VELCRO to adhere the backboard to the metal structure of the vehicle. But the glue holding one piece of the velcro strip to the backboard fails, so it starts to sag. The sag is especially bad in the middle, where the overhead console seems to either be pulling the headliner down, or the headliner is drooping around it. And the drooping happens around the moonroof opening too.
          -Nick M.
          Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
          03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

Nope.
            Not yet.

-ryan s.
            08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
            97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
            94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
            73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
            12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
            Originally posted by pantera77
            Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

I have one in my 2000 town car and am experiencing the same problem you are. The Velcro strips are coming off the headliner. I'll try to glue it someday.
              1985 LTD Crown Victoria - Currently restoring after she caught fire! CFI to SEFI to Carb swap, all custom wiring, Duraspark 2 ignition, Motorcraft 2100 Carb, slicktop, Shorty headers dumped before rear axle, 140 Speedo, 3G alt, And currently building an engine for her.

2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series - 165XXX, PI intake swap , 30 MPG Easy on the Highway, All options except dual exhaust. Currently looking for 2 front seats: Heated, Memory, and Light Graphite color!!

Comment

Not at 115k, perfect headliner.

Sent from the crapper
                1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

Working...
                X