Where do you get them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do you get them?

Just curious as to where you guys get most of the parts for your cars??
    I would be totally lost if Green Sales did not exist, followed by NOS Ford Parts, and some others that at the moment I have forgotten:-(

The only part I was not able to get NOS from Green was a new heater core, but they did have a new blower motor!

All for my 1986 MGM Tudor.

Junkyards and ebay, depending what you need. Sometimes its a matter of finding a compatible part from another model that you can get. Anything that also fits a Mustang is easy, though sometimes you have to do some experimenting and research to find out what crosses. Trunk seals for example are just Mustang seals with a little trimmed off the length.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

junkyards, ebay, rock auto, autozone.
      i'm not ready to pay fantypant prices yet

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I get most my parts on RockAuto if it isn't an urgent repair and I have time to spare. If not, I usually buy from O'Reilly's or AutoZone (whichever is cheaper). Any body trim or obscure pieces come from the junkyard. Only NOS bit on my car is the TV bushing.

1989 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series | 249k miles, current project car
        2018 BMW 430i xDrive M-Sport | 50k miles
        2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport | 97k miles

Comment

Whast about primary door seals? Wats good place to find it? Or a replacement?
          1997 Ford F-250 Light Duty 5.4 (Betty)
          1991 Ford Aerostar 3.0 (Papi)
          1986 Ford LTD Crown Victoria 5.0(Undecided)

Comment

I get most of my new parts from Ebay,Rockauto or if I cannot wait Carquest. I get most used parts from people I know in other states who get them from junkyards. Ebay also a source for used parts.

Comment

check out the weather seals threads... there's listings around for replacement door seals.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
              X