Thanks RockAuto!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks RockAuto!

So I started out to just buy some wiper blades...

And wound up getting all this stuff, most of it on closeout, for 100 bucks!

And, um, I ordered a 'Standard' brand multi-function switch, and they sent me a Motorcraft?!? Thank you!
    That more than makes up for not sending me any magnets... lol.

I should have gone ahead and gotten a couple sets of plugs and wires, caps, rotors... its nice having 3 vehicles that use most of the same service parts.

BTW, those ACDelco Gold oil filters are $1.50....

To anyone who hasn't bought from Rockauto yet, definitely check them out. You wind up getting stuff for half what you would pay in a store... sometimes less. They have a great return policy if stuff is broken in shipping or incorrect.
    And no, they did not pay me to make this post, lol. This is how much I like what they offer.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 85crownHPP; 04-11-2014, 06:51 PM.
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Yeah, good luck buying ONLY wiper blades from RockAuto lol. It often starts with the wiper blades, but it never ends there.

Good deal.

Comment

+1 for RockAuto. They've been great to me.

The returns I've had to make were manufacturer-fault items (not an error on RockAuto's part) and those returns went smoothly.
      The order errors I've had (two that come to mind) were in my favour and when I reported these errors they let me keep the extra stuff. I have FL1As stuffed everywhere now and won't have to buy any for quite a while...

I can't understand the bad reputation that you'll find in some places. It has to be competitors knocking them down, I've made a lot of orders and have yet to be disappointed. And if you shop frugally, between closeout stock and shipping from the same warehouse, plus the 5% discount, you can have it so your total bill after shipping is still cheaper than ONE item in the order bought from a bricks and mortar store.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the Motorcraft OE is actually Standard. Check your order - does it say private label packaging by any chance? If so that may be exactly what you got, a Standard part in its private label packaging

Current driver: Ranger
      Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
      | 88 TC | 91 GM
      Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
      Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
      | Junkyards

Comment

Originally posted by blkpnthr View Post
        Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the Motorcraft OE is actually Standard. Check your order - does it say private label packaging by any chance? If so that may be exactly what you got, a Standard part in its private label packaging
        So THAT's what that means! Time to have another look at some stuff.......!!!!
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
          So THAT's what that means! Time to have another look at some stuff.......!!!!
          Haha. Yes, it can. SMP, Wells and others make all kinds of stuff for the "brand names". Know how everyone says to buy Motorcraft TFI modules only? Put one beside a SMP module and they're literally identical, from the same mold.

Now, that can also mean store brands. For example I bought a BWD (which is itself a subbrand of Standard) wire set that was Private Label Packaged. It arrived packaged as Federated brand, which I guess is a parts store chain that I'm unfamiliar with, but elsewhere on the box it said it was made by BWD.

Current driver: Ranger
          Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
          | 88 TC | 91 GM
          Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
          Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
          | Junkyards

Comment

I love RockAuto. I have about 10 magnets on the fridge. And not one of them is a duplicate. haha

Only ever had one issue.

The guy called me, before the order even shipped, (yes, I talked to an actual person) and we figured it out in just a few minutes. Great service.

and they have the PCV screen which no one seems to have.
            1990 MGM: $50 E7 heads, HO cam, Holley SysteMAX lower intake, HO upper intake with an Explorer TB. LSC ECM. Lincoln logs into stock dual exhaust. K&N drop in air filter. Wide ratio AOD, 2400 converter with a 3.08 one tire fire out back. Car is less slow now. Then there's the '92 Beater. Dual 2.25" exhaust with shiny tips. Rumbles nice. Super slow. Burns oil too.

Comment

Yes, they are terrific...and as blkpnthr mentions, if you can get the stuff from the same warehouse you really save on shipping.

Comment

I buy from them exclusively unless I need something in an emergency then I go to autozone. But I love rockauto. I have had a defective distributor once and they shipped me out a new one before I even shipped the old one back. Great service. My only complaint is it seems everytime I go to buy a certain thing everything else is from another warehouse and shipping can add up.
                1985 LTD Crown Victoria - Currently restoring after she caught fire! CFI to SEFI to Carb swap, all custom wiring, Duraspark 2 ignition, Motorcraft 2100 Carb, slicktop, Shorty headers dumped before rear axle, 140 Speedo, 3G alt, And currently building an engine for her.

2000 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series - 165XXX, PI intake swap , 30 MPG Easy on the Highway, All options except dual exhaust. Currently looking for 2 front seats: Heated, Memory, and Light Graphite color!!

Comment

Oh yeah, and for those that don't remember me raving on about it, a few years ago Dorman window motors for boxes were on close-out for like $15... so I bought a... few. Their window motors at least are very good stuff.
                  sigpic

Comment

i use rock auto when theres no way that autozone cannot beat the rock auto shipped price

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
                      i use rock auto when theres no way that autozone cannot beat the rock auto shipped price
                      This... which is quite often for me. Unless I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED the part NAO!

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                      Originally posted by gadget73
                      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                      Originally posted by dmccaig
                      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I bought plugs, wires, cap, rotor, fuel injector o-rings and a fuel pressure regulator for $56 shipped! Way cheaper than the other places. Plus no one around here has the injector o-rings for CFI. I'd have to buy a kit with all of them. Excellent customer service too! My order came in 2 shipments so I hope to at least get a magnet when the other half of the order arrives tomorrow.

'93 T-bird
                        '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
                        '88 Mark VII
                        '86 CV

Comment

$4 brake pads and a $9 caliper for my Bronco. I mean how can you go wrong? Sure they've been sitting on a shelf somewhere for the last 20 years but who cares.
                          2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                          2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                          2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                          1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

I love RockAuto. I noticed they were getting stingy with the magnets lately but I got one with my last order.

Just ordered all 3 flex hoses and pads/bearings/seals for my 90. Like 65 bucks for everything I need besides heavy stuff - I buy stuff like calipers and rotors locally as it usually costs as much to ship it here as it does to buy it with my work discount. Just got calipers through CarQuest for $26 a piece, can't ship even the cheapest from RockAuto for that much despite their shipping prices being lower lately than they have ever been.
                            sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                              I love RockAuto. I noticed they were getting stingy with the magnets lately but I got one with my last order.
                              It showed up in the second box.

'93 T-bird
                              '03 Silverado ECSB

Missed:
                              '88 Mark VII
                              '86 CV

Comment

Working...
                              X