My spare tire isn't secured.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My spare tire isn't secured.

It keeps falling off the shelf in the trunk. It looks like I'm missing some sort of hook with a wingnut or something, but I'm not sure since it's missing. A trip to a junkyard may be in order unless it's something I can get at a hardware store.

The jack and lug wrench are loose in a box in the trunk, too. Anyone have a pic of what it's supposed to look like? I have an 07 GMQ.

There is a hook with a threaded end that holds the wheel, the jack can be secured behind it to the outside VERY securely.

Sent from the crapper
    1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-CROWN-V...-/250954267021

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I had a similar issue. I had the original threaded hook and retainer with integral nut, but the plastic housing on the retainer was all cracked so the nut would not stay in place. I ordered a new retainer and looks/works as new

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290961403077
        Nick

Past: 1967 Continental convertible, 1987 TC Cartier, 1996 TC DAE & Signature, 2002 LS V8, 2006 Zephyr, 2010 MKZ AWD, and many more.....
        Current: 2010 F-150 Platinum Supercrew 4x4
        Wanted: 1967 or 1969 Contnential sedan
        Only in my dreams: A Continental Mark II

Comment

Thank you gentlemen. I was bummed because I don't have an ebay account, but it turns out you can buy from them as a guest.

Comment

Working...
          X