X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White wall 16 inches tires

Hi everybody,

I need your help.

I need to replace the 16 inches black tires on my 98 Grand Marquis and I want white wall tires.

You guys already told me about the original Michelin Symmetry tires. Thank you !

What are the other brand of white wall 16 inches tires (225/60R16) that you are using on your Grand Marquis / Crown Vic ?

And if you are satisfied of your purchase !

Thank you very much for your help & comments !!!

Nick

I know you can paint your own white walls onto them if it comes to it. But unless they come back into style I'd guess they're about to be gone forever, shortly.

Sent from my XT557 using Tapatalk 2
    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

A full one inch wide whitewall in a 16 is hard to find so you may need to roll with a pin stripe whitewall.. Check out who has them in stock or who can order them for ya.. Make a few calls and do some homework. I've gotten my whitewalls (15in) from Discount Tire in the past years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You are right. But for me, a pin stripe whitewall will still be better than a blackwall tire. I will check with Discount Tire. Thanks !!!

Comment

Leave those POS Symmetrys alone. They suck, lol... Unless of course you only drive it in completely dry weather.

That said, Coker carries a BF Goodrich with a wide whitewall in that size--> http://www.cokertire.com/bf-goodrich...225-60r16.html
          These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.

Comment

I just bough a full set of michelin symmetry white pin stripe tires, for my lincoln. Bought them because, got a good deal. While I was doing previous research, looked like continental tire made a white wall too. Believe it was the eco contact plus or something.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Continental ProContact with EcoPlus Technology (up to 0.5 wide stripe).
              These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.

Comment

I disagree about the Symmetry. I have them on my 04 and its stable at 75+ in the rain. They have probably 35k on them and are only half worn.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
                2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                Past Panthers
                1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Thank you for the info !

Comment

Working...
                  X